Vanier 2019-2020

Proteinsci

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to create a thread for the upcoming vanier 2019-2020 application cycle since the competition is now up!! 

Also, to ask the question regarding "degree start date", does anyone know what I should put my date as start date if I've transferred from a MSc to PhD this Jan? But really I started September of 2017? 

Thanks in advance! 

hello!- I am applying this year- I am not sure about your start date question sorry about that.

But I do have a question about the 'research contributions'- as someone without significant publications/conference participation,  what else can be added to this? Should I add one of my research assistantships for instance?

What if I got paid for those research assistantships ?? Would that go under employment? 

Also: if I had a publication from a conference with a DOI should I put it under pubs or conference pubs ? I only have one other pub so I thought of putting it under pubs ?  

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 12:40 PM, Rabin said:

The waiting is killing me too

Hoping they actually release the results on the 1st like they did last year. It will provide some closure in these covid-19 times.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

Yes, the results come out in early April. I remember last year, I got my letter on the first business day of April (April 3rd it was if I remember correctly)

do you by chance remember the relationship between your University pre scores and your national pre scores? Our university ranked our apps internally, and I am wondering how predictive/reliability they are of the national pre scores? 

13 hours ago, Prereg said:

do you by chance remember the relationship between your University pre scores and your national pre scores? Our university ranked our apps internally, and I am wondering how predictive/reliability they are of the national pre scores? 

I never saw how I was ranked by my university, so I have no idea.

14 minutes ago, Rabin said:

Hope will we get the results today, as they announced last year. Good luck everyone.

hoping for the same! I've already checked my email like 3 times and its not even noon.