MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

On 3/29/2020 at 11:22 PM, Mphfall said:

Hey friends .

I am posting on behalf of my sis , she is accepted as an international student in U Of A , health promotion. Amidst of covid the situation is very unpredictable, is anyone in the same boat. 

Got accepted to UofA. International student 

1 hour ago, nabihatp said:

Just got my Queens rejection via email this morning! 

Still waiting on UofA, and UofT. Does anyone else still have their UofA status showing as "pre-screening"?

Mine shows “Under Review” since Feb 26th

did you apply to the Global Health stream?

2 hours ago, nabihatp said:

Just got my Queens rejection via email this morning! 

Still waiting on UofA, and UofT. Does anyone else still have their UofA status showing as "pre-screening"?

Aw man, sorry to hear! 

Also waiting for UofT - which stream did you apply to? 

1 hour ago, Titania said:

Mine shows “Under Review” since Feb 26th

did you apply to the Global Health stream?

5 minutes ago, mphsznn said:

Aw man, sorry to hear! 

Also waiting for UofT - which stream did you apply to? 

I applied to the Health Policy stream at UofA, and Health Promotions/ Social Behavioural at UofT. What about you guys? Whats the summary on decisions so far?

Just now, MPHtwenty said:

Is there any news on Brock yet? I remember reading somebody posted that they'd be sending news out end of march but I haven't heard anything yet ?

hey i go to brock currently. a lot of my friends applied to the mph and haven’t heard back yet. don’t stress, our admissions team can be slow lol.

31 minutes ago, nabihatp said:

I applied to the Health Policy stream at UofA, and Health Promotions/ Social Behavioural at UofT. What about you guys? Whats the summary on decisions so far?

Hey, so I received acceptance to the Health Policy and Health Promo streams at UofA a few weeks ago. We have until April 18th to reply. I declined my health promo offer and am waiting on my Health Policy offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from UVic and SFU. My guess is that they'll be sending out the next round of offers for sure after April 18th, but offers will be trickling in up until then as well. I would contact UofA, if your status is still prescreening, just to be safe.

Just now, MPH_Hopeful_2020 said:

Hey, so I received acceptance to the Health Policy and Health Promo streams at UofA a few weeks ago. We have until April 18th to reply. I declined my health promo offer and am waiting on my Health Policy offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from UVic and SFU. My guess is that they'll be sending out the next round of offers for sure after April 18th, but offers will be trickling in up until then as well. I would contact UofA, if your status is still prescreening, just to be safe.

I did email them last week, and haven't heard back at all. The only hope I have is that because it says pre-screening, they haven't gotten to my application yet so I'm not 100% rejected 

Just now, nabihatp said:

I did email them last week, and haven't heard back at all. The only hope I have is that because it says pre-screening, they haven't gotten to my application yet so I'm not 100% rejected 

Gotcha, that makes sense. Have you tried to call? I feel like given the current situation, it's feasible that emails could get lost. Best of luck to you, I hope that you hear back soon :) 

5 minutes ago, wanderman said:

What amazes me is that I have not seen a single Alberta MPH Global Health applicant here with a decision! We are all either pre-screening or under review! 

I know! The wait is killing me! I also applied to the Global Health stream and still nothing! 

Hey everyone! I applied to UofA Health Promotion (distance), UWaterloo, and UVic. I received an acceptance from UofA and I was declined from UVic, still waiting to hear from UWaterloo.

For those of you waiting to hear from UofA, I got my letter of admission on my UofA email, not my personal email I gave them. You can find this email by logging on to Bear Tracks, and under Personal Information is lists your UofA email address (the password is the same as your CCID password). My rejection from UVic was listed on their portal (no email). Lastly, I contacted UWaterloo and they said they will be sending out admission/rejection letters over the next month. Good luck to everyone ? 

1 hour ago, ejmb said:

Hey everyone! I applied to UofA Health Promotion (distance), UWaterloo, and UVic. I received an acceptance from UofA and I was declined from UVic, still waiting to hear from UWaterloo.

For those of you waiting to hear from UofA, I got my letter of admission on my UofA email, not my personal email I gave them. You can find this email by logging on to Bear Tracks, and under Personal Information is lists your UofA email address (the password is the same as your CCID password). My rejection from UVic was listed on their portal (no email). Lastly, I contacted UWaterloo and they said they will be sending out admission/rejection letters over the next month. Good luck to everyone ? 

Congrats! Can you please share your profile? I also got rejected from uvic  and waiting to hear from Alberta and waterloo

Hi everybody! I am an international applicant. I was accepted for the MPH program at Western University, University of Alberta and Emory University. I wanted to know if anybody has any idea about the duration of  post graduation work permit after 11 month MPH from Western University.  

12 minutes ago, Mphfall2020 said:

Hi everybody! I am an international applicant. I was accepted for the MPH program at Western University, University of Alberta and Emory University. I wanted to know if anybody has any idea about the duration of  post graduation work permit after 11 month MPH from Western University.  

You’re are entitled to one year PGWP only..

2 years study will guarantee you 3 years PGWP

2 hours ago, ejmb said:

Did the status on your portal change as well?

I suppose the portal status would change as soon as a decision is made.

Edited by Titania

1 hour ago, Meeha said:

Congrats! Can you please share your profile? I also got rejected from uvic  and waiting to hear from Alberta and waterloo

Thank you so much! I graduated with a BSc with GPA 3.7/4 in 2019. My work experience: working at my universities health promotion department for 2 years, and working in clinical trial research for 2 years. My volunteer experience: 1 year as an emergency first aid responder, 4 years in an international women's organization where I held 3 executive positions and 1 year in a hospital in a long-term care unit. I hope you hear positive news soon, we're all in this together! 

Edited by ejmb

1 hour ago, Titania said:

Did the status on your portal change as well?

I suppose the portal status would change as soon as a decision is made.

My status did not change in the portal! I had to contact them to confirm my admission after I received the letter because my portal status remained pending.