ruthev

Does anybody know if Yale has made their final decisions yet? I was at the final callback, but that was over a week ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Also, any news on second interviews from Northwestern? I had a first about a month ago and haven't heard anything since.

Not a director (designer, we don't have our own topic!) but I applied to Northwestern and when I interviewed they said it would be hopefully by the middle of March. Not sure if that's true on the directing side as well, but an idea at least. :)

On 3/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, rubcar91 said:

Does anybody know if Yale has made their final decisions yet? I was at the final callback, but that was over a week ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Also, any news on second interviews from Northwestern? I had a first about a month ago and haven't heard anything since.

Also wondering about Yale! Has anyone heard from Brooklyn or Texas State?

No updates here, UGH!

It's incredibly frustrating to not receive rejections yet, are there some schools that don't send rejections? There are so many people in my community that are asking for updates and I just want to be done with it. 

I am thinking that there is a 95% chance that I will not be going to school in the fall despite receiving at least one acceptance. But I've learned a lot! Just sucks that it's such an expensive and time/effort consuming lesson. I know better now what I'm looking for in a program though.

All that said I'll let folks know when I receive my official rejections, and will see whoever is in the same boat in next year's thread.

Northwestern update: Received a rejection through e-mail.

Just waiting to hear back from Yale now. I was under the impression that people were notified about acceptances, rejections, and waitlisting the week after the final callbacks, but it's now been a full two weeks since the callbacks and still nothing. Looking forward to hearing if anybody on here knows of anyone who attended the final callback who has heard back one way or the other.

22 hours ago, Eccyclema said:

It's incredibly frustrating to not receive rejections yet, are there some schools that don't send rejections?

I'd say this is one of the craziest things I've seen in these situations. These people spent the time, money, and effort to apply, visit, and/or interview with you. Take the 10 second to reject them instead of leaving them in the gray. 

I know some places try to keep their options open in case people back out. Still tacky in my opinion. Do what some other programs do and create a waiting list for that purpose. 

Feeling the frustration with you all. 7 first interviews, 1 second interview, 1 wait list. I've just assumed that since I didn't get a second interview with the other 6 that I'm out of the running too. I suppose there's still a chance to hear from UNCG, but I'm not holding my breath.

I got wait listed for East 15, which is alright. I wasn't super sure I'd be able to go out there or that it would be a great fit for me, but I was very grateful for the follow up interview and the quick wait list notification regardless.

I agree that it would be nice to not be kept in the dark and just be told "Thanks, but no thanks at this time," much earlier in the process.

If it helps anyone any: I've read and heard from multiple sources that grad schools often like to see candidates apply multiple times. Sometimes it takes 3 - 5 rounds of applications and interviews before you get the spot, and many people receiving the spots you got rejected for this time around have applied and interviewed multiple times in the past. If you really want it go for it again! You can do it! I believe in you!

Congrats to everyone who received offers!

❤️

You all beautiful souls put my thoughts into words about how frustrating and confusing this process is. @KillerWingfield I agree with you that it would be nice to not be kept in the dark. @GoodToGodot I think you're on to something in that the schools are keeping their options open. I remind myself that whatever happens I am lucky to be fortunate enough to attempt this journey and that there is beauty in that. 

@LRI160 Congrats on Brooklyn College! 

Has anyone heard from UCLA, Iowa, Texas State, or UT Austin? Are all those offers out?

I have a feeling that it's the end of the road on this process for me. See you humans next year!

Hey y'all just got an encouraging....rejection from FSU. They are gonna switch to admitting folks every other year, so although they came out to URTAS, interviewed folks multiple times, and invited folks for campus visits, they are not accepting anyone this year. But they told me to apply again next year. 

Strange!

@Eccyclema I'm sorry to hear about FSU. I am stupefied that they are not giving out offers.

@ctbck Thank you for the Yale update!

Have any of you beautiful humans heard from UCLA, Iowa, Texas State, or UT Austin? I, as you other artistic souls, want to know if I should forge ahead in my directorial pursuits or keep hanging on to the tree branch of MFA hope?

I know someone who made it into Iowa! I believe they've accepted. 

Also, seeing so many people I know make it in makes me wish I had applied this year... 

Edited by ctbck

Hey Friends!

So here is my update...

About a week after my "follow up" call with Iowa, I was given an offer to join their program and was given until March 2 to say yay or nay...Which was a little tough as I was still waiting to hear back from Indiana. I finally did hear from Indiana and was asked for a 2nd interview via Zoom with the faculty, initially saying they wanted to schedule it on March 10th...Our email communication was very spotty, as in many times I was left waiting with no response or information for extended periods of time. I tried to "check-in" as often as I could without feeling like I was being annoying, since time is definitely of the essence right now...I ended up getting an email late last night saying that the faculty voted to offer the spot in the program to someone else - before even going through the process of giving me a 2nd interview. *smh*

Thankfully I had already accepted the offer from Iowa and didn't miss out on that opportunity, but I'm still a little baffled by Indiana's recruitment/application/interview/communication process.

I'm excited about Iowa and especially excited to meet the other 3 directors chosen - if any of you lovely humans are going to be attending Iowa with me in the Fall please let's get in touch...This New Yorker knows ABSOLUTELY NO ONE in Iowa or the Midwest so please please let's be friends!!!

@Eccyclema I am SO sorry about FSU that is insane! Did they fly you out to Florida or did you have to pay for that flight out of pocket? Whoa, I would have been so extremely pissed off about money and time wasted - how rude of them, I feel like if they knew this beforehand they should have, at least, told you so before you flew out there. WOW. 

@LRI160 Congrats on Brooklyn College! I LOVE NEW YORK CITY MORE THAN ANYTHING!! Not sure if you already live here or are going to be moving here from somewhere else...But if the city is new to you, I would be happy to share any NYC info with you (places to live, eat, go/see, etc.!) and hey if you are here already let's get together for lunch or drink or something...Directors Unite!

And of course this is extended to all of you lovely humans - if you are in NYC (living here or visiting)...Let's get together! We can chat about all the craziness of this ridiculously hard process!

Edited by PitbullLady

Hey @PitbullLady! Thanks for the condolences and congrats on Iowa! Iowa was def a top program for me, so I'm sorry to miss out, but super excited for you!

Luckily I did not choose to visit. It was too exspensive for me to swing...although in some ways I wonder if my inability to visit was a deciding factor. I was asked to keep them in mind for next year if I do not end up anywhere this year. But yeah, at no point did they ever make it seem like that was a possibility, so I feel bad for the folks that did visit.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, theatrebythebaygirl said:

Has anyone heard from UCLA, Iowa, Texas State, or UT Austin? Are all those offers out?

I already received my offer from UCLA, but I'm not 100% positive that they have sent the other offer. Sounded like they might have when I spoke to TFT admissions folk.....

@PitbullLady Congrats on Iowa! I'm with @Eccyclema, Iowa was a top program for me too, but I am super excited for you!

@GoodToGodot Congrats on UCLA and thanks for the update! 

Soooooo I'm still waiting on UT Austin, Texas State, and Alabama. As you lovely humans know, the waiting is torrential, but I feel delighted to have found this beautiful community of humans in tandem with our experience with this windingly unique journey. 

Thanks so much @theatrebythebaygirl & @Eccyclema!!! 

@theatrebythebaygirl Did you go out to Austin for their finalist interview? If you did, how did it go? UT Austin was definitely my first choice and I was so bummed to have not made it to the finalist round :( But I'll be crossing my fingers for you! I think someone mentioned in a previous post that Alabama had made an offer to someone (I don't know if the person that got the offer took it or not).

Sending everyone love during this terrible waiting period  ❤️  

19 hours ago, theatrebythebaygirl said:

Soooooo I'm still waiting on UT Austin, Texas State, and Alabama. As you lovely humans know, the waiting is torrential, but I feel delighted to have found this beautiful community of humans in tandem with our experience with this windingly unique journey. 

I believe alabama has already sent acceptance and most rejections.