Taking the GRE on time

Hi everyone!

How long does it take schools to receive GRE scores? I am looking at testing on October 26th, but want to be certain all of my schools would have ample time to receive scores.

Thanks in advance!

I was told that official scores are available 10 days after your test date.. I’d like to assume that scores are given to the institutions by then or at least by the time your application is submitted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 3:30 PM, sleepyslp2be said:

I've been told that November 30 is the absolute last day you should take it to be able to hit a January 1st deadline, so you should be fine!

oh no,i have my gre scheduled for the first week of December and i have one app due Jan 1st. Is this a hard and fast rule? 

27 minutes ago, Ccceeewww97 said:

I retook mine a 3rd time on dec. 12 and sent my scores immediately after taking it and they arrived by Jan 1st. 

That's good news! I wasn't sure if there was a delay because of the holiday season. 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, KEIM said:

oh no,i have my gre scheduled for the first week of December and i have one app due Jan 1st. Is this a hard and fast rule? 

I don't think it is a hard and fast rule. I've just always been told to give about 6-8 weeks for test scores to be sent over just to be safe!