Canadian 2020 Fall Start (Spring 2020 Application) MPA/MPPA Thread: Info, Stats, Etc.

4 hours ago, Akvad said:

Same is appearing in my account. On the main page it shows 'preliminary assessment required' and when i click on the red link it shows " recommended for assessment".

What red link are we talking about? I'm not seeing it .. help!! 

Hi everyone!

For those of you who were accepted to Queens,  have you heard back yet about funding? My acceptance said that I would be contacted at a later date, but I have yet to hear about it so I am curious if it is just me. 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a response, and good luck to those waiting still!

9 minutes ago, bp63 said:

Hi everyone!

For those of you who were accepted to Queens,  have you heard back yet about funding? My acceptance said that I would be contacted at a later date, but I have yet to hear about it so I am curious if it is just me. 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a response, and good luck to those waiting still!

Mine said the same thing, I fear they'll only say something about it once you accept which would be difficult for me. I'm a Quebec applicant though, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. 

Edited by educatedkitkat

5 minutes ago, educatedkitkat said:

Mine said the same thing, I fear they'll only say something about it once you accept which would be difficult for me. I'm a Quebec applicant though, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. 

I figured that as well from looking at other threads from years past. I know its not the School of Policy Studies that grants it but the Graduate studies department itself, so I could see why they're being stingy on the front end (not to sound ungrateful lol). 

Ill let you know if I hear anything further!

43 minutes ago, Canadampp said:

I've just received an acceptance from Carleton!! I will be receiving 15,000$ in funding. Yesterday, my status changed from Recommended for assessment to Review by graduate faculty. I got a response 24hrs after the status change. I hope you all hear some good news in the upcoming weeks!!

Congrats!! My app was changed from review by department to review by the Faculty doctoral affairs 3 days ago and now I’m getting slightly concerned about my placing.

Hopefully I can have you as a classmate this fall!

Just received an acceptance email from carleton for the mppa program this fall, 16k in funding over the two years. I honestly thought i wouldn't get in due to average grades (cgpa of 3.24/4.3, L2 of 3.6) and little extracurricular involvement in my undergrad or relevant work experience. To anyone out there feeling doubtful, keep your heads up and give it some time, I have a friend who got in last year around May. Good luck to everyone and I hope to meet some of you this fall.

9 hours ago, wevan980 said:

Congrats on everyone's acceptances so far! I'm getting nervous that my application isn't under review yet! 

Me too. I'm telling myself that I shouldn't worry too much, considering I got my acceptance from Queens and McGill (for another MA program) but I am missing the econ prereq (I only took macroecnomics in a CEGEP course 5 years ago). 

3 hours ago, educatedkitkat said:

Me too. I'm telling myself that I shouldn't worry too much, considering I got my acceptance from Queens and McGill (for another MA program) but I am missing the econ prereq (I only took macroecnomics in a CEGEP course 5 years ago). 

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I completed the two economics courses with lower marks and I'm in the process of going through getting a higher mark right now. I'm hoping that's not the reason why I haven't gotten an update either.