Canadian 2020 Fall Start (Spring 2020 Application) MPA/MPPA Thread: Info, Stats, Etc.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, Cerebral93 said:

That makes sense. How are you going about deferring your admission? I am also thinking of deferring for a year, especially given the circumstances, but I am not sure how willing these institutions are about permitting these things. I want to avoid learning online, especially in such a program because we may miss in-person events, networking, connecting with your cohort, etc.

I am planning to call the program administrator tomorrow. Will update you on how it goes!

On 4/14/2020 at 5:00 PM, single_dollar said:

Has anyone heard from UVIC MPA, or any insight into their timeline? They seem to send admissions decisions quite late from reviewing past forums, but it's been radio silence this year.

6 hours ago, Jackie Moon said:

I applied to UVIC in January, haven't heard anything, the status of the application has been "Under Review by Department" for the last couple months.

I am in the same boat as Jackie. 

16 hours ago, xChocolate said:

I am in the same boat as Jackie. 

Third passenger in that boat. I was hoping someone else had reached out and heard a timeline update of some sort, but it looks like in previous years decisions have been released as late as the first week of May. Good to know we're not alone in the waiting game.

1 hour ago, single_dollar said:

Third passenger in that boat. I was hoping someone else had reached out and heard a timeline update of some sort, but it looks like in previous years decisions have been released as late as the first week of May. Good to know we're not alone in the waiting game.

I guess im joining as the 4th person 

Phew, glad you guys are saying the same as me. I keep checking uVic but no change, it still reads: Under Review by Department hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Brandon.Kober said:

Anyone still 'In Review' for McGill Max Bell MPP? I only applied here, intending to forgo this year and reapply everywhere next year, but I still would love an answer to confirm my decision. 

I just received WL from Max Bell and my application should be viewed in the first round. Hope this helps.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, Brandon.Kober said:

Anyone still 'In Review' for McGill Max Bell MPP? I only applied here, intending to forgo this year and reapply everywhere next year, but I still would love an answer to confirm my decision. 

My application on the uapply account is still "In review" but I have received a reccommended letter of acceptance from the Maxbell last week..

• 5 months later...

I'm looking to apply for MPP/ MPPA programs for Fall of 2021. I'm wondering if anyone who had a lower undergrad average would be able to share what program they were granted admission to? i had an average on the lower side from working 2 jobs and did a medical related undergrad that wasn't the easiest for me. Thanks :)