Canadian 2020 Fall Start (Spring 2020 Application) MPA/MPPA Thread: Info, Stats, Etc.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:03 PM, misslao said:

Anyone else hear anything back? I've applied to Carleton, Queens, Waterloo, and Ottawa. But haven't heard anything yet. 

I heard back from Ottawa February 3rd. I applied to UofT too but silence on their end. 

1 hour ago, bananacoconut said:

Btw, McGill (Max Bell) said they’ll likely start sending acceptances this week for the MPP program. 

This is a relief to hear - Did you hear this from the school directly?

From what they told me several weeks ago, admission offers should have been sent out last week so I was starting to get concerned...

45 minutes ago, sillygoose4 said:

This is a relief to hear - Did you hear this from the school directly?

From what they told me several weeks ago, admission offers should have been sent out last week so I was starting to get concerned...

I asked them, yeah. Even if it's this week, it's surprising, considering that the FAQ says they'd start sending them in mid-Jan. I'm quite sure in the webinar, they once mentioned an earlier date (maybe Feb?). 

Dear house. I got an email from Saskatchewan early February that my Application have been received by the Faculty and now with academic unit for Further review. Moreover, The online Application still under review  Do you need to write them or just be hopeful for the best. M.A Political Studies

Any news from MUN?

Just got my official admissions letter and funding package from Carleton! 45k in funding (including TA ship), which I was incredibly surprised to see as I was expecting much less. I’m super stoked!

Hope everyone gets the result they want. You got this!

Edited by Svenpai

38 minutes ago, bananacoconut said:

I asked them, yeah. Even if it's this week, it's surprising, considering that the FAQ says they'd start sending them in mid-Jan. I'm quite sure in the webinar, they once mentioned an earlier date (maybe Feb?). 

Yes, very true. I expected to hear mid-Jan as according to the FAQ; the first webinar I watched said early/mid-Feb; and then I think the last one I watched said late-Feb. Looking like mid-Mar at this rate, unfortunately!

Keep me updated and I'll do the same! Cheers

1 hour ago, bananacoconut said:

I don't find it that surprising, coming from McGill. I have some less than positive opinions about Max Bell as a whole, which is why I didn't apply. 

9 minutes ago, educatedkitkat said:

I don't find it that surprising, coming from McGill. I have some less than positive opinions about Max Bell as a whole, which is why I didn't apply. 

Could you provide insight as to why you don't view Max Bell favourably. I'm interested to hear your opinion as I make my decision on which policy school to attend. 

13 hours ago, sillygoose4 said:

Yes, very true. I expected to hear mid-Jan as according to the FAQ; the first webinar I watched said early/mid-Feb; and then I think the last one I watched said late-Feb. Looking like mid-Mar at this rate, unfortunately!

Keep me updated and I'll do the same! Cheers

Yup. I called the office they said they’ll start sending out offers this week, until they run out of spaces.

13 hours ago, Svenpai said:

Just got my official admissions letter and funding package from Carleton! 45k in funding (including TA ship), which I was incredibly surprised to see as I was expecting much less. I’m super stoked!

Hey Svenpai. Do you mind sharing your stats?

On 3/2/2020 at 4:16 PM, Svenpai said:

Congrats! That’s amazing! 

11 hours ago, wevan980 said:

Hey Svenpai. Do you mind sharing your stats?

For sure!

CGPA was 10.5/12, worked in government in policy and program evaluation roles for 3 years, volunteered a bit with a federal MP and an Ottawa municipal councillor, 4 references. I hope this is what you were looking for! 

14 minutes ago, Svenpai said:

For sure!

CGPA was 10.5/12, worked in government in policy and program evaluation roles for 3 years, volunteered a bit with a federal MP and an Ottawa municipal councillor, 4 references. I hope this is what you were looking for! 

Did you get OGS, SSHRC or FRQSC?

On 3/2/2020 at 8:32 PM, educatedkitkat said:

I don't find it that surprising, coming from McGill. 

To those who are asking, this is coming from someone who's been to McGill for 3 years already. I just don't see it as a better school than the other ones simply because it's "McGill". It's too new for that.

Edited by educatedkitkat