Rhodes and Marshall Finalist Notification

btermite

2 minutes ago, Anxious2020 said:

Who thinks today may be the day

I'm sure it will be the day for at least someone!! 

I have resorted to personal statements for other programs in an attempt to stop refreshing my email every 30 seconds... It's not working that well so far!

2 hours ago, btermite said:

I'm sure it will be the day for at least someone!! 

I have resorted to personal statements for other programs in an attempt to stop refreshing my email every 30 seconds... It's not working that well so far!

I’m doing the same! 
I think the only thing keeping me sane is that It’s almost guaranteed we should know something by the end of this week! 

6 minutes ago, Anxious2020 said:

I’m just going off what has been previously said in other comments and from my experience with other things generally many things get sent out near the end of office hours. Also I applied Rhodes NYC south. No Marshall for me

You heard from Marshall, or no results yet?

Same heart attack happened to me with Embark- if you’ve downloaded the pdf of your application it’ll mark that as “updated.”

Edited by btermite

1 minute ago, Bader-Vader said:

Another day of nothing from Houston I’m afraid. 
NY people: ??? Anything!?

I've heard nothing, so either btermite was incorrect or they'll be sending rejections later in the week. It's getting pretty late in the day to be hearing anything anyway.

1 hour ago, pecanpie2020 said:

I've heard nothing, so either btermite was incorrect or they'll be sending rejections later in the week. It's getting pretty late in the day to be hearing anything anyway.

Well apologies if I gave a false hope, I know someone who heard so I figured we’d all hear.  Maybe tomorrow.  

Anyone else particularly disappointed about the Marshall rejection? Having applied for both the Rhodes and Marshall (and Knight-Hennessy), I thought my chances for the Marshall were orders of magnitude higher than with the Rhodes because of how much work the application required. The "no adviser" personal statement for the Rhodes, and the multiple short essays for the Marshall combined to make the Marshall much much more work. And so, my brain said I has a better chance ?

Edited by holographic universe

1 hour ago, holographic universe said:

Anyone else particularly disappointed about the Marshall rejection? Having applied for both the Rhodes and Marshall (and Knight-Hennessy), I thought my chances for the Marshall were orders of magnitude higher than with the Rhodes because of how much work the application required. The "no adviser" personal statement for the Rhodes, and the multiple short essays for the Marshall combined to make the Marshall much much more work. And so, my brain said I has a better chance ?

For Marshall, only 50% of applicants or so get an interview. Rhodes on the other hand, up to 80% do just depending on your district. Based on the numbers, getting a Marshall interview is actually, ironically, much harder than Rhodes. 
Also, just to satisfy my latent curiosity- does anyone want to upload a screenshot of their rejection email? I’m quite literally just curious what mine will look like. Lol. 
Sorry to all of you who did not make Marshall finals. To even make it this far means you are driven enough to do good in the world without it. Please remember that! 

PS: still nothing for Houston district. 

sources: Based on data found on the Rhodes and Marshall websites. 

Edited by Bader-Vader