Rhodes and Marshall Finalist Notification

btermite

1 minute ago, btermite said:

Rhodes Philadelphia notified today, but seems like nobody else here was in that region!

Got the email a bit after 4, just for reference.  

I'm in Rhodes Philadelphia (which is grouped with NY-North). Haven't received anything.

Was it a yes or no for you?

1 hour ago, pecanpie2020 said:

Congratulations!

I suppose maybe they're saving the rejections for past midnight, like Marshall yesterday.

Thank you!

I honestly really don’t think there’s a standard “system” for how notifying is done, you never know.  

Nothing for my Rhodes, which is Utah. 
I guess my advisor was saying that my district always hears last though! 
Not really expecting to make it, but can’t help but hold on to a little bit of hope. 
PS: Congrats Btermite!! and thanks for the time info. 

Edited by Bader-Vader

Either the group of people on here checks the thread incessantly for updates (which is totally possible, I sure have been), or there are tons of lurkers.  

Just wanted to throw this out to there- All the committees are pretty different and the committees vary year to year. But I was lucky enough to interview for both 2 years ago (clearly didn’t win either) and remember how anxious I was going into it.  
I know a ton of colleges don’t have a big fellowship office/lots of previous winners or finalists as alums. So if anyone is looking for some kind of info about how the process felt, or just hearing at least one person’s experience etc. for either, please feel free to PM me.

To everyone still waiting, good luck!

Just now, pecanpie2020 said:

Ooh very interesting - on the application site it says it was updated 17 hours ago; yet I still haven't heard anything.

Yeah so btermite had said how that happens when you download a PDF but I’ve downloaded the PDF multiple times now and it hasn’t changed. So idk what that means but I doubt it’s updated just because you downloaded it 

Just now, Anxious2020 said:

Yeah so btermite had said how that happens when you download a PDF but I’ve downloaded the PDF multiple times now and it hasn’t changed. So idk what that means but I doubt it’s updated just because you downloaded it 

As in since then I’ve downloaded it again to test that theory out but it doesn’t add up 

Just now, Anxious2020 said:

hmmmm well btermite apprently won, so many an updated application = good sign! :D