Rhodes and Marshall Finalist Notification

btermite

40 minutes ago, GoCParis said:

District 2 here...anxiously waiting. Was REALLY hoping to hear back yesterday.

Adviser shared this with me yesterday. Not sure if it's of any use, but I thought I'd share. Best of luck everyone!

RhodesNotificationScreenshot.png

Wow this is literally one of the most helpful things THANK YOU! 

I don’t know if you still have access to this but if u can in any way updates us to changes (not every change but like every one or two days while you’re here ?)

im district 4 and it’s been very hard. Good luck to u! 

3 minutes ago, Anxious2020 said:

Wow this is literally one of the most helpful things THANK YOU! 

I don’t know if you still have access to this but if u can in any way updates us to changes (not every change but like every one or two days while you’re here ?)

im district 4 and it’s been very hard. Good luck to u! 

I don't actually have access to this, but if my adviser is willing to share an updated version I'll post that here. Good luck to you as well! 

Just now, pecanpie2020 said:

@GoCParis @Anxious2020 Wait, so if I'm reading this right, does that mean that District 4 has notified all those who have been selected, but just haven't gotten around to notifying those who haven't been selected? Because if so, that's not too nice.

That seems to be the case. My adviser was convinced that everyone from a district should here back the same day, and that seems to be the case for the other districts...not sure what's happening there. :( 

11 minutes ago, Anxious2020 said:

District 3 it seems is the only district who hasn’t gotten any type of notification?? Anyone out there know anything

well according to btermite district 4 has... but neither pecanpie2020 or I have gotten anything... and if you google "rhodes finalist" and restrict to this week, you can see many articles from other district schools, but none from distict 4 ?

14 minutes ago, holographic universe said:

well according to btermite district 4 has... but neither pecanpie2020 or I have gotten anything... and if you google "rhodes finalist" and restrict to this week, you can see many articles from other district schools, but none from distict 4 ?

II’ve tried the googling for looking up Rhodes finalist ny...it’s a struggle and I sympathize! 

Edited by Anxious2020

my adviser has the following:

"

• District 9 (including Wabash College) started reporting on Oct 29
  • District 1 (including Rhode Island) started reporting on Oct. 30.
  • District 11 (including Minnesota) started reporting on Nov. 3
  • UAE/Abu Dhabi started reporting on Nov. 4.
  • District 12 (including Kansas) started reporting on Nov. 5.
  • Ontario Canada started reporting on Nov. 6.

"

2 hours ago, pecanpie2020 said:

Just heard from district 4 - it's a no.

good call on the edit ❤️ i sympathized with it when i viewed through my email but didnt get to my laptop until now and its eddited. Im right there with ya, no for me. I stand by what I said about the Marshall versus the Rhodes, I was orders of magnitude more upset about the Marshall because of the amount of work we were able to put into it. The Rhodes only had the CV and the Personal Statement, versus my 18 page online application short answer word document for the marshall hahah. Cheers to those who won it!

6 hours ago, holographic universe said:

good call on the edit ❤️ i sympathized with it when i viewed through my email but didnt get to my laptop until now and its eddited. Im right there with ya, no for me. I stand by what I said about the Marshall versus the Rhodes, I was orders of magnitude more upset about the Marshall because of the amount of work we were able to put into it. The Rhodes only had the CV and the Personal Statement, versus my 18 page online application short answer word document for the marshall hahah. Cheers to those who won it!

?‍♂️So it goes, I suppose. The Rhodes and Marshall are but two ways to go and have the impact that you want to have. It's a shame it wasn't fruitful, but at least I can say that the process of applying to both helped me to clarify exactly what it is I want to do in the future. Best of luck with the rest of your year!