CASper interview

Hello! Does anyone have any info about the CASper interview? I'm a bit nervous but mainly because I can't prepare for it. I'm specifically applying to Eastern New Mexico University but I know other programs do CASper interviews too. Any advice?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, MadisonMachelle said:

Hello! Does anyone have any info about the CASper interview? I'm a bit nervous but mainly because I can't prepare for it. I'm specifically applying to Eastern New Mexico University but I know other programs do CASper interviews too. Any advice?

Thanks!

I will private message you in a little bit. I did it for ENMU in July. 

On 11/21/2019 at 4:27 PM, MadisonMachelle said:

Thanks!

Hi! Do the prep 6-step thing and you’ll know EXACTLY what to expect. They let you take a “practice test” and it’s the exact same thing as what you’ll be asked. It’s a couple videos and you answer 3 questions on each one and then some that are written. You only have 5 mins to answer each one so it goes quickly. It is not an interview. Don’t be nervous once you see the practice test you’ll feel a lot better :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a first year SLP student and took the CASPer test last year as part of my application process! I was so nervous about it, but looking back it wasn’t that bad. I also really didn’t study for it, and I don’t think that put me at a disadvantage because the scenarios were either personal (e.g., imagine a scenario where something happened to you) or asking your opinion on different things. I know others have found studying helpful but I don’t think it would have helped me. Make sure you avoid taking extremist positions and show you can see both sides of a scenario. It’s hard to do in the limited amount of time, and I found some scenarios were hard because they really didn’t have a right answer. But just try to balance being a good person with being professional. Good luck everyone! I promise it’s not as bad as it seems! If anyone has any questions just let me know! 

I just took it last week and I didn't think it was too bad at all. I don't think I completely answered more than 1 question though! Since most of us I think did this for ENMU I thought I'd ask are any of you going to be starting there for Spring semester?