Oxford MPP 2020

shrishti

On 3/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, jd2020 said:

Did anyone else receive an email from Blavatnik for further information on your application? I received an email about a month ago asking for further details on a couple of things listed on my CV. Just wondering if this is common?

No I didnt

On 3/6/2020 at 6:19 PM, jh93 said:

I am still "under review by department". Did you have a interview? Congratulations! Date of the offer? 

Thank you! Since Cambridge has rolling admissions, I got an offer in January itself as I applied for it quite early. When did you send your application? 

13 minutes ago, talltyrion said:

Thank you! Since Cambridge has rolling admissions, I got an offer in January itself as I applied for it quite early. When did you send your application? 

Which program had you applied to ? Was it the MPhil in Public Policy ?

Edited by polapp20

On 3/10/2020 at 8:24 AM, jd2020 said:

Did anyone else receive an email from Blavatnik for further information on your application? I received an email about a month ago asking for further details on a couple of things listed on my CV. Just wondering if this is common?

I also received this email asking for further information. It's usually sent to confirm certain things in your SOP or CV that aren't that clear. I don't think it's a negative as it is required only to help the assessors in clarifying any doubts they have. 

1 hour ago, talltyrion said:

http://blogs.bsg.ox.ac.uk/2020/03/09/admissions-update-the-final-countdown/

This is the latest release by the BSG on the final countdown towards the MPP admissions. 

It is really confusing since the survey email said the result will come out around mid-march but the blog says it is March 20th. But since the blog was updated by the admission staff, I guess March 20th it is...

8 hours ago, talltyrion said:

I also received this email asking for further information. It's usually sent to confirm certain things in your SOP or CV that aren't that clear. I don't think it's a negative as it is required only to help the assessors in clarifying any doubts they have. 

Thanks for this! Just seemed a little odd as they asked for further details on some pretty minor things I’d listed on my CV from high school. Congrats on the Cambridge offer btw! I’ve also got an offer from Cambridge but holding out for further news on funding, which is looking very unlikely at this point tbh. Also, does anyone know how the Cambridge MPhil in Public Policy compares to Oxford’s? I know Oxford’s MPP is more established and has a larger class size but not too sure beyond that really

12 hours ago, talltyrion said:

January (10).  

14 hours ago, jd2020 said:

Thanks for this! Just seemed a little odd as they asked for further details on some pretty minor things I’d listed on my CV from high school. Congrats on the Cambridge offer btw! I’ve also got an offer from Cambridge but holding out for further news on funding, which is looking very unlikely at this point tbh. Also, does anyone know how the Cambridge MPhil in Public Policy compares to Oxford’s? I know Oxford’s MPP is more established and has a larger class size but not too sure beyond that really

Congratulations on your Cambridge offer. I think Oxford's MPP is more reputed and has more funding opportunities owing to the fact that it is an older course compared to its Cambridge alternative. 

As far as what lies beyond the reputation of these policy schools, sharing solely from my experience as someone who has studied in the UK in the past, it is important to note that there are fewer opportunities in the UK for policy makers than in the US. Most of the policy organisations are either Brussels based or Geneva based with preferences given to people who can speak other European languages. The Oxbridge brand can get you interviews, but language plays an important role.  

My status:

"Ready for assessment in January Deadline :
Your application can be or has been considered by the relevant academic department. The Graduate Admissions website provides further information on the graduate admissions timetable and process."

bad news?

Hi all! For those who haven’t heard back, I hope you get the positive news soon!

I received two different emails, which contained a certificate of offer and a welcome booklet. When I checked my portal, it doesn’t say anything about my acceptance.

Best wishes everyone! 

I guess cos I applied on the due day. It seems that the admission team processed our application whenever they accepted it, not at once after the deadline like HKS or elsewhere.