Oxford MPP 2020

shrishti

2 hours ago, shrishti said:

I still haven't received any email. Is this normal? It appears that rejection letters were sent out at the same time last year. Has anyone received a rejection?

To those who are in, congratulations! When did you apply?

I also applied the same day of expiration to send the application

6 hours ago, Cat(eye)pillar said:

I too applied right before the deadline and haven't heard back. Hopefully, that is the reason! 

I also haven't received anything on the admissions yet. Although, I submitted my application only a day or two prior to the deadline date. So, there's still a bit of hope.?

18 hours ago, shrishti said:

I'm hoping that's the reason, even I applied at the deadline.

Hopefully one of the accepted people can confirm :)

I submitted mine 30 minutes before the deadline on 6 Jan. I received an email yesterday with an offer.  I hope you are successful. All the best.

On behalf of the academic department, I am writing in connection with your application for admission to the Master of Public Policy. The department has now carefully considered your application and supporting materials, but we are sorry to have to tell you that your application has not been successful.

=(

Woke up to that Oxford rejection letter. Not the best feeling I must say.
Also, I think I was right in assuming that all the acceptances are sent on the same day. Good luck to all who got selected. Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all offer-holders. Anyone else submit the BSG scholarship questionnaire? Any idea when we're likely to hear back? Also, was wondering if anyone knows roughly how many partial scholarships BSG offers every year? From what I've gathered, it looks like BSG offers 2 fully-funded public service scholarships every year for the top candidates.

Just trying to assess how likely any form of financial assistance would be at this stage. I know that on average 75-80% of students in each incoming MPP cohort receive some sort of funding but this number doesn't take into account the offer-holders who decline admission because they don't receive funding. I guess still a marked improvement on other courses at Oxford...

On 3/26/2020 at 6:21 AM, jd2020 said:

Congrats to all offer-holders. Anyone else submit the BSG scholarship questionnaire? Any idea when we're likely to hear back? Also, was wondering if anyone knows roughly how many partial scholarships BSG offers every year? From what I've gathered, it looks like BSG offers 2 fully-funded public service scholarships every year for the top candidates.

Just trying to assess how likely any form of financial assistance would be at this stage. I know that on average 75-80% of students in each incoming MPP cohort receive some sort of funding but this number doesn't take into account the offer-holders who decline admission because they don't receive funding. I guess still a marked improvement on other courses at Oxford...

I submitted the questionnaire and today I received an email regarding a first interview for a scholarship (not the fellowship I applied for) with a professor. I also asked for a timeline regarding the scholarships decisions and they are doing their best to send first decisions before Easter, but there will be some answers in May as well. The problem is that student loans depend on the scholarship/financial aid received. Just 2 fully-funded scholarships? Where did you find this information?

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone, in off of the waitlist and currently trying to come up with the funds for my deposit. I've seen some here express concerns about the curriculum at Oxford, and I was wondering if anyone can provide some more context. The quality of the curriculum seems especially important given that it seems possible that the amount of time on campus will be reduced.