Knight Hennessey

AaBbAa

Hi!  I applied for it.  No news yet, but the website says "January 15, 2020: We'll notify you whether you are invited to Immersion Weekend, or not selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar." so one more week!! ❤️

I did not get any special notification, and my KH app does not reference the completeness of my grad program app.  I did include the KH ID number in my grad app -- there was a specific spot for it.

Happy waiting, and best of luck!!

I just posted in a similar thread about this but I'll post here too: I just got an email from KH, but all it said was to check my status tomorrow at 1PM Pacific time. I swear, my first reaction to the notification was my heart dropping to my feet, since an email came a day earlier than expected. This has been such an involved process; I'm not sure if I'll be relieved, heartbroken or both if I'm not a finalist. That being said, the application itself was rewarding for me...lots of introspection. We'll see. I wish you all the best of luck with your decisions and applications in general. You've got this. 

2 hours ago, rougetide said:

Assumably far too optimistic here but if you are invited to the immersion weekend tomorrow, does that mean you are also accepted onto the course, whether or not you become a scholar? =D

I believe so. I think it’s something like if you’re a finalist you’re likely getting into your program. On the other hand, if you’re not a finalist that does NOT mean you aren’t still possibly going to be accepted by your program. 

Also, the email they just sent was terrifying. 

To answer @rougetide's question, sort of like @HelloItsMe said, getting invited as a finalist means there's a good chance you're getting in, but not necessarily. At the info session, they said the acceptance rate to Stanford of KHS finalists was something around 80-85% the last couple years, so it's possible to be a finalist and not get in, just like it's quite possible to not be a finalist for KHS and still get into Stanford. Good luck to everyone! ❤️

19 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

I was rejected as well. The odds were next to impossible, it seems, with "75 people per spot available who applied". 

Knowing that actually makes me feel way better lol. Hopefully some us us still get into our departments.