UNC MSW 2020

unctomsw

6 hours ago, hellomswlife said:

Hey yall, I'm also painfully waiting for the full time decision. 

SAME. At least we are in the same boat. I think I'm going to call tomorrow to see whats up!

14 hours ago, Kofowle10 said:

SAME. At least we are in the same boat. I think I'm going to call tomorrow to see whats up!

please let us know if you hear anything! I actually called last week and just got sent to Ben's voicemail. If I were you, I would call him directly! That way you may have a better chance of catching him :) He did e-mail me back (I e-mailed as well- so impatient!) and he just reiterated what they said in the e-mail- that there are still a lot of applications to get through and folks should hear by mid-March. He was super nice!

Edited by hellouncmsw

On 2/27/2020 at 10:02 AM, memdole said:

Congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Still waiting here:) 

Hi, I'd be happy! I am a current Psychology undergrad student graduating in May. 3.9 gpa, have been involved with several on-campus advocacy groups as well as a dialogue facilitator for diversity and inclusion. Internship experience working with children in poverty with social and emotional developmental delays, and shadowing/helping out in the Peds Psych and DB Peds units of a local hospital system. A current SC LEND trainee. Again, I'm an undergrad but I hope this still helps!

40 minutes ago, furmanpaladin said:

Hi, I'd be happy! I am a current Psychology undergrad student graduating in May. 3.9 gpa, have been involved with several on-campus advocacy groups as well as a dialogue facilitator for diversity and inclusion. Internship experience working with children in poverty with social and emotional developmental delays, and shadowing/helping out in the Peds Psych and DB Peds units of a local hospital system. A current SC LEND trainee. Again, I'm an undergrad but I hope this still helps!

Thank you, I'm also a current senior and have been really antsy about not seeing anyone get in straight from undergrad so this helps :) congrats again!! hopefully I'll hear soon...

6 hours ago, hellouncmsw said:

please let us know if you hear anything! I actually called last week and just got sent to Ben's voicemail. If I were you, I would call him directly! That way you may have a better chance of catching him :) He did e-mail me back (I e-mailed as well- so impatient!) and he just reiterated what they said in the e-mail- that there are still a lot of applications to get through and folks should hear by mid-March. He was super nice!

No one picked up but I left a voicemail! I mean if it's mid-March then it's mid-March? I am so impatient!!

25 minutes ago, emilyrebelo6 said:

Anyone hear from them today? Also painfully waiting. I applied December 20th. Hoping to hear this week otherwise I am starting to think I'll be getting a rejection. I think that they send out decisions on Wednesdays or Thursdays from what I can tell. 

I have not heard anything today/this week either, whether good or bad. Hoping maybe sometime this week?

I haven't heard anything either....I am just refreshing my e-mail constantly. I was hoping we would hear today or maybe tomorrow based on past forum posts. I would not give up hope just yet because along with rejections at the end I think they do also send out some acceptances. 

4 hours ago, AWJ said:

Anyone think they will send anything out today or will they make us wait until the bitter end? 

Sincerely,

A very anxious applicant.  

I have a feeling we may be waiting.. so hard to just not know!! 

2 hours ago, memdole said:

When I applied by the December deadline I didn’t expected to still be waiting for an answer a week into March...anyone else apply early and still not have a decision?

I applied in January and am dying. I'm so sorry they are making you wait. Hopefully you hear soon ?

I'm a UNC student and our spring break starts tonight (and is always this week of the year), perhaps they want to have the full week to finish reviewing the applications. Just remember that if they haven't sent out the rejections then they are still choosing people to accept! :) Don't lose hope

1 hour ago, memdole said:

I'm a UNC student and our spring break starts tonight (and is always this week of the year), perhaps they want to have the full week to finish reviewing the applications. Just remember that if they haven't sent out the rejections then they are still choosing people to accept! :) Don't lose hope

Hey y'all SO my friend and sorta co-worker who has interned at the non-profit where I work WAS rejected about an hour ago. I actually read her statement of purpose when she was applying and it blew me away. I hate to break the news that rejections are going out. Don't lose hope just yet and remember that there often isn't really any rhyme or reason with this kind of thing....you can be an amazing applicant who totally deserves to get in and sometimes it just doesn't work out :(

4 hours ago, hellouncmsw said:

Hey y'all SO my friend and sorta co-worker who has interned at the non-profit where I work WAS rejected about an hour ago. I actually read her statement of purpose when she was applying and it blew me away. I hate to break the news that rejections are going out. Don't lose hope just yet and remember that there often isn't really any rhyme or reason with this kind of thing....you can be an amazing applicant who totally deserves to get in and sometimes it just doesn't work out :(

Does anyone know if they evenly admit student to the direct practice/ CMPP specialization or if your preferred specialization does not matter that much? Also, those who have been accepted what was your specialization? 

Does anyone know if they evenly admit student to the direct practice/ CMPP specialization or if your preferred specialization does not matter that much? Also, those who have been accepted what was your specialization? Sorry for the double post... I wanted to make this its own thread