UNC MSW 2020

unctomsw

58 minutes ago, hellouncmsw said:

omg congrats to you as well!! 

Thanks so much! I just graduated in 2018, majored in psychology and minored in sociology, GPA was just about average (3.46). I’m in the reserves and wrote about my interest in serving military families. I do have have a lot of hospital volunteer experience but I was honestly so worried it wasn’t “enough”. Best of luck to you all!

23 minutes ago, carolhd said:

Thanks so much! I just graduated in 2018, majored in psychology and minored in sociology, GPA was just about average (3.46). I’m in the reserves and wrote about my interest in serving military families. I do have have a lot of hospital volunteer experience but I was honestly so worried it wasn’t “enough”. Best of luck to you all!

thank you for the info! wishing you all the best :)

2 hours ago, CVP12 said:

Has anyone applied to the distance ed program and heard back? 

Hey @CVP12 I applied! I have not heard anything yet

Edited by Kim F.

1 hour ago, memdole said:

Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! I graduated undergrad from UNC in 2019 with a B.S. in Psych and Anthropology, 3.85 GPA, 2 years of experience in a research lab, and a couple internships. After graduating, I've been working at an adolescent in-patient mental health facility as a mental health tech, which I wrote about in my personal essay as the population I want to work with. I submitted my GRE scores, which were like 57% Percentile Math, 75% Percentile Reading, and 6/6 for Writing. I hope you get in!

Do you guys think we will hear on a Wednesday now? Like I just got accepted to NC State MSW program on a Friday night at 9pm but it seems that most people are hearing their decisions from UNC during the morning on Wednesdays.

19 minutes ago, AWJ said:

@Kofowle10 first of all CONGRATS! That's so exciting. I was also wondering if we would hear Wednesday. Seems like a pattern and also they are running out of time.  

THANK YOU! I think its a pattern for UNC

On 2/27/2020 at 10:02 AM, memdole said:

Congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Still waiting here:) 

Hi yes of course! graduated 2017 with 3.7 gpa, have been working in sustainability/food justice and then in higher education. volunteer experience teaching sunday school and doing political organizing. NC resident now. Did not take the GRE. Let me know if there's anything I'm missing here!