UNC MSW 2020

unctomsw

15 minutes ago, perfectamity said:

Great stats! No wonder you were accepted. When did you apply? Did they provide a scholarship? I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Ty! I applied early December. I didn't get any scholarship info--they said they'd send a separate link once you're admitted to complete an application for scholarships (but i haven't gotten that yet). The email indicated that awards would be communicated the week of April 6th.

1 hour ago, noooodle said:

Ty! I applied early December. I didn't get any scholarship info--they said they'd send a separate link once you're admitted to complete an application for scholarships (but i haven't gotten that yet). The email indicated that awards would be communicated the week of April 6th.

April 6th!? But my other schools want to know by April 15th!!

23 minutes ago, perfectamity said:

April 6th!? But my other schools want to know by April 15th!!

i know lol it is *verrrry* tight in terms of that deadline. im def going to have to make my decision at the very end! 

Is anyone else who applied to the full time program still waiting to hear back? I’ve been on edge all day and am still waiting. I applied just before the January 14 deadline, if that makes a difference?

Edited by MSWhopeful_0

4 minutes ago, MSWhopeful_0 said:

Is anyone else who applied to the full time program still waiting to hear back? I’ve been on edge all day and am still waiting. I applied just before the January 14 deadline, if that makes a difference?

Hi I applied to Chapel Hill and I'm still waiting to hear back, you aren't alone! 

6 hours ago, MSWhopeful_0 said:

I'm sorry, I thought I made clear that I haven't heard back from them either. You are not alone.

13 hours ago, MSWhopeful_0 said:

I haven't heard back either! I had a mini heart attack yesterday because I saw I had an email from the UNC School of Social Work but turns out it was just the February 2020 newsletter lol. Fun times. Hoping we all hear our decisions soon, I know this wait is really rough!

On 2/20/2020 at 12:10 PM, thrilliams said:

Has anyone applied for the 3 year Distance Ed MSW program at UNC? I haven't seen anything about anyone applying to that one!

Yes, I applied for the 3 year MSW program at UNC. I have yet to hear anything back.

The longer it is before I get an email, the less hopeful I am. Last year, I got rejected and I didn't get an email until mid-March. Not trying to bum anyone out since it's still February, but wanted to be honest. 

1 hour ago, unctomsw said:

The longer it is before I get an email, the less hopeful I am. Last year, I got rejected and I didn't get an email until mid-March. Not trying to bum anyone out since it's still February, but wanted to be honest. 

It'd just be so much easier if they sent out all decisions at the same time! It's hard to not think the worst when other people heard back over a week ago

2 hours ago, unctomsw said:

Just from creeping on last year's forum it kind of seems like most acceptances will happen up through March 11th or 15th and then the rejections will begin.