Calling all French PHD 2020 Applicants ...

MonsieurHonoré

@Volodine1 It seems so, and I was sad when I saw that, but in reality, it's probably not the best fit for me now that I think about it. My research interests were only tangentially related to those of the scholar who works there. At the end of the day, I think your education is what you make of it no matter where you end up. But if that's really the case with the interviews, I'm sorry about that, as I remember you saying something about wanting to go there - I'm sure you'll get some awesome picks regardless! 

thank you MonsieurHonore. I do hold out hope that Princeton might still be reviewing. There were profs there I would be excited to work with. It does seem that a bunch of people received invites to a visit day or interview, which makes me think they might have finished their reviewing ...

6 hours ago, MonsieurHonoré said:

@xinyu_uynix LOLLL ? ... I was about to add a "how you countin?" post for the person who said that there have only been 2 people invited to Princeton, yet there are like at least 4 people now. 

I understood it as they were entering for two people, so adding up to five

congratulations on everyone who received offers today from UMich and UCLA!! neither is a fit for my interests, but are both absolutely wonderful departments ❤️ has anyone heard from Berkeley?

Edited by xinyu_uynix

4 hours ago, xinyu_uynix said:

congratulations on everyone who received offers today from UMich and UCLA!! neither is a fit for my interests, but are both absolutely wonderful departments ❤️ has anyone heard from Berkeley?

Not yet for Berkeley, but I think I was told via phone that the decision would come out in late Jan or early Feb. So... they have a few more days ? Félicitations to everyone so far!

59 minutes ago, mllesaid said:

Not yet for Berkeley, but I think I was told via phone that the decision would come out in late Jan or early Feb. So... they have a few more days ? Félicitations to everyone so far!

The anticipation is building! I'm looking forward to Berkeley's decision soon (as they had the earliest deadline, in my case), and the others soon afterward!

15 hours ago, mllesaid said:

oh was there an interview process @mllesaid?

Wow, I'm a little surprised by Stanford. It feels like they are leading people on; they really shouldn't be taking people in, then. It also makes it worse when we take into consideration how high their app fees are against other schools. What a waste of time! 

Hello everyone, I have an interview with Brown and I am freaking out. Does anybody know what they might ask during the interview? 

I am so sad to learn that I was rejected to UMich. I am sure I was also rejected to Berkeley since the application was due so early. Ugh the stress is killing me.

10 hours ago, RougonMacquart said:

Hello everyone, I have an interview with Brown and I am freaking out. Does anybody know what they might ask during the interview? 

I am so sad to learn that I was rejected to UMich. I am sure I was also rejected to Berkeley since the application was due so early. Ugh the stress is killing me.

I'm sorry to hear that you were not accepted to UMich - really their loss! I don't think Berkeley has released any of their decisions yet, so you are not alone. (Last year's decisions came out at the beginning of February.)

Congrats on the Brown interview! Just be yourself and really describe your research interests in greater detail. They want to see how you will mesh with them as a researcher, so just really know their department and explain how you will be a good fit. Bonne chance !

2 minutes ago, Robert_Kerans said:

Hi all

Just landed an interview at Columbia. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with everyone.

Same -- has anyone heard anything about what Columbia's interviews are like? Mine says 15 minutes Skype with a sub-committee in both French & English.