Unique Queries regarding Georgia Tech M.S. CS Application

BHARGAV98

Hey Everyone!, a newbie to this forum here!

I am a prospective student who will be applying to the MS Computer Science Program at Georgia Tech. I have a unique doubt. I have already submitted a Ph.D. application (ML Ph.D. program) at Georgia Tech. But according to this link (https://grad.gatech.edu/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=7), a student is allowed to have two open applications per semester. So, my first question is that then it should not be a problem if I decide to apply to the MS CS Program, given that I have another submitted application already, right? Second, if I am allowed to apply to the MS CS Program, I have another doubt, the deadline for the Ph.D. Program was December 15th, and I will be submitting the MS application by February 1st. And since I am in the last year of my undergraduate studies, I now have the results of my Fall Semester with me as well, so the transcript I will be submitting with the MS CS Program will be the updated one and will be different from the transcript associated with my already submitted Ph.D. application, will this cause any issue in any regards? 

One Side note: the ML Ph.D. application was submitted to the Industrial Department while the MS in CS one will be forwarded to the School of Computer Science. 

I want to submit my updated transcript because I scored a perfect 10/10 GPA in my latest sem & so it increased my GPA by 0.08. Since it is a competitive program, I think this will give me an advantage.

Since I am in a time crunch, sorry if I did not adhere to any of the rules of the forum, Hoping to hear a reply from you people in regards to both queries as soon as possible. I tried contacting Georgia Tech with this query but to no avail.

I don't think it makes a difference. You should put in your current GPA for your MS CS applications. 
Two things 
1) The admission process at GeorgiaTech is quite decentralized. In most cases, what happens inside the Industrial department doesn't reach the School of Computer Science and vice versa. So chances are that nobody is going to look at both your applications

2) In the scenario that it does happen, you still shouldn't worry about it because you haven't done anything wrong -- you have the right reason as well as the proof of it. If someone thought this was a problem, they will either look at your docs, or will reach out to you, and in both cases they will get a satisfactory answer.  

I agree with GeorgiaTechPhD in this regard. Some universities explicitly state their expectations about transcripts that could be updated at a later stage and thus have a section for coursework that is currently in progress. Where they don't, as in this case, it is implicitly understood because it would be clear from your application that you are still taking classes. Universities that have deadlines by December 15th are very aware of this; for example, at Cornell, my last exam was on the 17th and so it would have been impossible for me to submit the final GPA of the semester by 15th. 

The admission materials are usually looked at only at the department level. So, I do not see the need to worry about a difference in transcripts between departments.