International Affairs MA/MPP admissions

MA2020

Hi all! Just thought I'd start a place for anyone applying to MA/MPP admissions in IR or foreign policy (Georgetown MSFS, Fletcher, SAIS, SIPA, GW etc) to share information about the admissions process...has anyone heard anything back yet about their applications?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes -- I can confirm the previous comment. Concerning the Elliot School, it was an informal email from a professor of my intended course of study letting me know that official documents were on the way.

I like how schools said “mid March” and I’m taking that to mean I need to be refreshing every 5 minutes. In February. 

Heard back from American SIS pretty fast and that fueled the fire. Applied Jan 7 heard back last week.

I've gotten an official acceptance letter from SIS and the informal email from Elliott. Still waiting on SAIS (rumor has it decisions are rolling out on March 6th) as well as MSFS. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

18 hours ago, whatdoesthismean said:

*starts panicking and vigorously checking email*

I applied to Elliott also but for the MA in global communications with the SMPA. No such email for me, but I guess all I can do is wait and hope decisions come out soon. Congrats to those already admitted! Solidarity to the rest of us. 

I would deduce the MA in Global Comm will be a separate approach so I would not worry too much. I applied for the MA in Intl Affairs and I am assuming hereforthecomment123 applied for the same program.

Still waiting on Fletcher, SIPA, Walsh, SAIS, LSE, and SciencesPo.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:59 AM, PupCakes said:

I've gotten an official acceptance letter from SIS and the informal email from Elliott. Still waiting on SAIS (rumor has it decisions are rolling out on March 6th) as well as MSFS. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Any word from SAIS yet? 

Congrats for SIS and Elliott!

On 3/3/2020 at 10:27 PM, Zendetta said:

Any word from SAIS yet? 

Congrats for SIS and Elliott!

Thank you! 

No word from SAIS yet, but I did hear from Walsh MSFS yesterday and I'm in!

7 hours ago, PupCakes said:

Thank you! 

No word from SAIS yet, but I did hear from Walsh MSFS yesterday and I'm in!

Did you receive an official letter or an email that you have been recommended for admission?

7 minutes ago, iskandera said:

Did you receive an official letter or an email that you have been recommended for admission?

I got the email. It said to expect the official letter later this month.

Looks like SAIS notifications are being released! I received an acceptance letter via the portal (they sent an email telling me to check it). The letter says any financial awards will be released later today. 

Anyone receive $$ from SAIS for the regular deadline? 

1 hour ago, DC_COFFEE said:

Looks like SAIS notifications are being released! I received an acceptance letter via the portal (they sent an email telling me to check it). The letter says any financial awards will be released later today. 

Congrats on getting in at SAIS! 

7 hours ago, DC_COFFEE said:

Yes I received my SAIS financial aid shortly after receiving my admission decision.