I GOT MY FIRST EVER INTERVIEW! *help*

carolinaji

Hi so I applied to four different Forensic Psychology Masters programs! I just received my first response and got invited to interview with them. It’s in two weeks and they say the interview is about 1.5 hours! I’ve seen on grad cafe for this certain school, George Washington University, that people who have interviewed sometimes get offered admissions on the spot during the interview! Anyone have any tips? Specifically in forensic psychology? Like what type of questions they would ask, etc! Thank you!!!!

Hi, congrats on your first interview. I have my first in-person interview coming up this week for a doctoral program. Although it’s not for a forensic psychology program, I am pretty much prepared to answer questions regarding my research interests, my research experiences, why I applied to that program, why I’m a unique candidate compared to others that applied, what are my strengths & weaknesses. Make sure to learn about the specific program you’re applying to & be prepared to give a brief “about me” statement. I hope this helps! Good luck!

• 11 months later...

Hi-- fingers crossed that you will see this message! 

I actually have a skype interview with the director of the forensic psych program at GW University on Friday, and I was wondering if you could please let me know about your experience, what questions were asked, etc.?? I would GREATLY appreciate it as there is not a ton of advice out there regarding forensic psych interview questions, lol.