MPA/MPP/MPS Applications, Fall 2020 (Canada)

Svenpai

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 10:53 PM, alexgray said:

Waiting for that as well. They said round two will be end of April and it's already the 24th. Hopefully we'll know soon! 

I received a rejection today, bummer.

Oh well, I'll still be attending UofT for a different masters 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am trying to decide between Carleton MPPA and U of Ottawa GSPIA for this Fall. Both programs have the opportunity for two coop work terms, and I have received funding from both Schools. Both are placed in Ottawa so I'm guessing both work terms might lead to more government/ federal job opportunities. Although I think U of Ottawa is ranked higher internationally, Carleton's public affairs program seems to be older and more well known. Only thing is that Ottawa has a mandatory course in French, and although I have studied French before, it is a very basic level.  I'm not sure how to go about this decision. You guys have any recommendations or insights ?

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, av13 said:

Hi

I am trying to decide between Carleton MPPA and U of Ottawa GSPIA for this Fall. Both programs have the opportunity for two coop work terms, and I have received funding from both Schools. Both are placed in Ottawa so I'm guessing both work terms might lead to more government/ federal job opportunities. Although I think U of Ottawa is ranked higher internationally, Carleton's public affairs program seems to be older and more well known. Only thing is that Ottawa has a mandatory course in French, and although I have studied French before, it is a very basic level.  I'm not sure how to go about this decision. You guys have any recommendations or insights ?

Thanks!!

Carleton is simply better than UOttawa for Public Policy and Administration. They have better funding, faculty, coop placement rates, thesis/major research project options, etc. What are you comparing them on?

2 hours ago, sillygoose4 said:

Is there a group chat/facebook group for McGill MPP offer holders? Or do you think the school will make one at some point? Would just be curious to chat with people and see how they're feeling about the fall being online!

Hey, I was looking for the same thing. I don't think there's one right now.. maybe we can start one? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 10:18 AM, sandyb said:

was accepted into Queen's last month and recently into ucalgary with $7500 funding. I was wondering if anyone was offered funding for queens and how much? also is it hard to find an internship?

Hey what was your GRE score for Queens?

• 10 months later...

Anyone going to Waterloo for MPS or studied MPS there? Really like to know the experience of current/former students and how this program may have helped finding a job after graduation!

Thanks!