USC Price 2020

mpp.2020

20 hours ago, mpp.maybe said:

I got my acceptance on Friday (2/21) and a packet in the mail on Monday (2/24) with the Admitted Student Day information. The packet did not include anything about funding. Did I not get any funding?

I also got my funding offer via the packet they mailed us, so it sounds like you did not. You should email them to confirm though.

USC Price was my top choice and I was offered a dean's merit scholarship that covers 100% of my tuition, so it looks like I'm probably going there. The only downside of going to USC is that I'd have to move across the country (I have lived in the midwestern US for my entire life) and I am really concerned about the cost of living in LA... Are the GradCafe forums a good place to look for potential roommates?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 11:09 AM, rec1use said:

USC Price was my top choice and I was offered a dean's merit scholarship that covers 100% of my tuition, so it looks like I'm probably going there. The only downside of going to USC is that I'd have to move across the country (I have lived in the midwestern US for my entire life) and I am really concerned about the cost of living in LA... Are the GradCafe forums a good place to look for potential roommates?

My feeling is that Facebook is probably more apt for the housing hunt, but I don't have any specific resources for you. (USC's university housing is laughably expensive, but I don't think anyone's surprised by that.) I'm an LA native, and I'm probably going to look for a place that's Expo Line-accessible. 

Anyone commit to going to their Admitted Student Day yet? Wondering if the COVID-19 madness will force them to change/cancel...

32 minutes ago, WhoaThereWombat said:

My feeling is that Facebook is probably more apt for the housing hunt, but I don't have any specific resources for you. (USC's university housing is laughably expensive, but I don't think anyone's surprised by that.) I'm an LA native, and I'm probably going to look for a place that's Expo Line-accessible. 

Anyone commit to going to their Admitted Student Day yet? Wondering if the COVID-19 madness will force them to change/cancel...

I just got an email from NYU saying they’ve cancelled their admitted day events so maybe. But then again NYC is worse hit than LA 

12 hours ago, WhoaThereWombat said:

I was going to their admitted student day, but I'm super afraid they're going to cancel it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to reapply for this Fall (still accepting applications but not for 

On 3/23/2020 at 9:41 PM, dustn2020 said:

Anyone still waiting for the result? I've heard from all other MPP programs except USC :( 

I wish they at least notify me if they are going to reject me....

I would follow up with them. I am reapplying this time so I know they are still reviewing applications until July, but if you applied back in December, you should have received a notice by now. Maybe there was an error in their system? 

Anyone attending the virtual admitted student day? I'm still having my application reviewed and would love to hear about it. I had attended 2 years ago when I was first admitted to USC, but I know they have revamped their program a bit, so if anyone can provide me with an update after, I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

I just attended it. It was pretty short and mostly run by admissions. As someone who is likely going to USC, I feel less pumped now. I wish it had been less focused on finances and more focused on research, specializations, etc. 

BUT they had a raffle for socks and coffee cups at the end for 4 out of 112 participants so...

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, educationmatters said:

I just attended it. It was pretty short and mostly run by admissions. As someone who is likely going to USC, I feel less pumped now. I wish it had been less focused on finances and more focused on research, specializations, etc. 

BUT they had a raffle for socks and coffee cups at the end for 4 out of 112 participants so...

That's a shame. I attended in person a couple years ago and they did a really good job in talking about research and the breadth of opportunities with faculty and the school in general. They had a alumni, current student, and faculty panels. I remember people didn't think they talked enough about financial aid at the in-person session. I just found some of my notes about it, so let me know and I can share some information if you are still planning on going. 

I just submitted my intent to register for Fall, so if anyone wants to connect, let me know! 

On 4/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, alli707 said:

That's a shame. I attended in person a couple years ago and they did a really good job in talking about research and the breadth of opportunities with faculty and the school in general. They had a alumni, current student, and faculty panels. I remember people didn't think they talked enough about financial aid at the in-person session. I just found some of my notes about it, so let me know and I can share some information if you are still planning on going. 

I just submitted my intent to register for Fall, so if anyone wants to connect, let me know! 

I submitted my intent to enroll too! Would love to connect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...