Got a publication update much after submitting phd applications

HCIphdAspirant

Hi all ! I recently was updated about a first author conference proceedings acceptance. This is about 2 months after submitting my PhD applications. Im looking for advice on this - I read somewhere that it might help to email the adcomm with an updated resume. Would emailing at this point be appropriate?

3 hours ago, HCIphdAspirant said:

Hi all ! I recently was updated about a first author conference proceedings acceptance. This is about 2 months after submitting my PhD applications. Im looking for advice on this - I read somewhere that it might help to email the adcomm with an updated resume. Would emailing at this point be appropriate?

I think it would depend on the importance of published conference abstracts in your field. Best to contact the specific grad program admins to see if they would allow amendments to your application. 

In addition to that @Dryad said, if you have a website, make sure you update it there so if someone decides to look at it, they see it updated there. 

Also, did you mention about the submitted publication in your statement/resume? If you did, then anyone who cares about it will automatically try to find out as to what happened. I had the same situation, and I had mentioned about it in my statement. In fact, one of the PIs who had already interviewed me actually reached out to me once they knew that the acceptances were out.