Operations Research? Anyone?

orgirl

I applied to the MS leading to PhD program at Columbia and also received a rejection e-mail. In addition to the usual rejection stuff, the e-mail says "However, we wish to draw your attention to our Master of Science (MS) programs..."

Does that mean I have a decent chance of getting accepted into the MS program or are all rejected candidates encouraged to re-apply for the MS?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

To stevenash

I got the same message from Columbia. It seems that they sent all the same rejection mail to all rejected applicants.

Anyway I sent the response that I would like to be reconsidered as a MS candidate.

Good Luck to you.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allyoop,

thanks for putting the list of programs in the signature.

Guys i suggest to share the programs we apply in the signature. I saw it in the computer science thread.

We do not have it now. It will help all of us to see which schools already decided,

which are not, which are keeping wait-lists etc.

To add signature, go to user control panel, then go to profile and press on edit profile.

Hi, zkdhtm.

I applied for PhD in Georgia Tech but untill now I haven't receive any response. When did you get the application result? Is it sent by email or mail? Thank you.

Which program of Michigan did you apply? IOE or OM in Bschool? I applied IOE, and the coordinator said they would post decisions this week. How did you know you were in the waiting list?

Which program of Michigan did you apply? IOE or OM in Bschool? I haven't heard from them yet...

Operations and Management Science.

There was an accept post yesterday here. So I called and they told the committee are reviewing all applications and they will set up interviews by themselves.

I know someone got interview almost 10 days ago.

Sigh....

I got my 2nd rejection from Stanford, but no offer yet!

I feel so bad now....

no doubt it's a tough year for everyone. Everywhere is saying the pool this year is exceptionally strong, but the quota is exceptionally small.

Which program of Michigan did you apply? IOE or OM in Bschool? I applied IOE, and the coordinator said they would post decisions this week. How did you know you were in the waiting list?

I applied for IOE. I got the decision by an email on February 17, 2009.

Good luck to you. :)

Besides, I received my second rejection from Princeton's ORFE department. Today isn't my day. :cry:

Guys, bad news on my side.

I was rejected by Berkeley IEOR. I emailed them about my status and then got this news.

I thought I may have some chance. After all these rejects, it seems to me that

probability of acceptance from Stanford or MIT is very small.

Guys, bad news on my side.

I was rejected by Berkeley IEOR. I emailed them about my status and then got this news.

I thought I may have some chance. After all these rejects, it seems to me that

probability of acceptance from Stanford or MIT is very small.

You may be accpeted by Stanford cause you haven't get rejection letter yet. They send a bunch of rejection letters this afternoon.

Good luck for you and myself.

You may be accpeted by Stanford cause you haven't get rejection letter yet. They send a bunch of rejection letters this afternoon.

Good luck for you and myself.

Good luck to all... out of curiosity, what was the focus that people applied for in MS&E? It's a relatively larger department in terms of what's ongoing in research, than most IEOR depts (or at least, they're better at enumerating their various research interests...). FWIW, I applied under the policy track and haven't heard anything.

Good luck to all... out of curiosity, what was the focus that people applied for in MS&E? It's a relatively larger department in terms of what's ongoing in research, than most IEOR depts (or at least, they're better at enumerating their various research interests...). FWIW, I applied under the policy track and haven't heard anything.

For MS&E, I applied to stochastic systems; optimization; and finance tracks. I think admissions committee of

these tracks and say policy track is probably separate as they are very different areas.

Did anyone who applied to one of above 3 tracks I wrote receive decisions?

To allyoop

I am afraid that my case was so exceptional it would be no help for you.

I got a postal rejection mail from Georgia Tech last Christmas morning.

At that time, my application was not complete because one of my professor did not submit his letter of recommendation yet.

I guess that my application was filtered by GPA requirement because my GPA(under 3.0) was too low.

So I do not think that my case would be help for anyone.

Good luck to you.

I emailed cornell few days ago and the Graduate student services coordinator said: ' They are just beginning admissions and are still reviewing all of our hundreds of applications. There has been no decision as yet on your application.'

I think I might be rejected :cry: .

Billy

Today, I received rejection from Stanford. Was expected.

For last three days, I am receiving 1 rejection per day.

I am curious which program will send me email tomorrow :)

You will get your admission soon, dear. Let's see...

I emailed cornell few days ago and the Graduate student services coordinator said: ' They are just beginning admissions and are still reviewing all of our hundreds of applications. There has been no decision as yet on your application.'

I think I might be rejected :cry: .

Billy

Cornell made some offers a few days ago, my friend got one, but I am sure he will reject it.