Operations Research? Anyone?

orgirl

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is 1 rejection and 1 acceptance for MIT ORC. They are dated Feb28(Saturday)

I did not receive anything; I thought that they will announce them on Monday(2nd)

Please, respond if you received anything from them...

i didn't apply to MIT but would probably have gotten rejected from there...

do you guys think this is an especially tough year to get admitted to OR programs? what about next year?

i've applied to some master's programs (columbia, cornell, stanford, berkeley) and thinking about what i should do if i don't get anything...maybe lick my wounds and apply next year...

I just got the admission decision from IEMS@Northwestern this afternoon. It's crazy. I cannot believe that they sent out the decisions on Saturday.

They offered me admission to Northwestern's PhD program with tuition and stipend support for fall 2009. The formal letter will be sent on Monday. Anyone who applied IEMS@Northwestern please check your email. Good luck to everyone!

I just got the admission decision from IEMS@Northwestern this afternoon. It's crazy. I cannot believe that they sent out the decisions on Saturday.

They offered me admission to Northwestern's PhD program with tuition and stipend support for fall 2009. The formal letter will be sent on Monday. Anyone who applied IEMS@Northwestern please check your email. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations iemsnw. What other schools did you apply to?

do you guys think this is an especially tough year to get admitted to OR programs? what about next year?

This year is indeed tough. If the companies and banks will be firing people or applying hiring freezes next year, then same thing might happen next year.

It depends on the economy. Thing is that if the graduating undergrad thinks he/she can not get a good job, or if the person who has a job does not feel safe, they will apply to grad schools. Second, the incoming class this year will not be more, probably less than previous years...

Has anyone heard back from MIT ORC who applied for SM? I was expecting to have to wait until next week for any more decisions, but judging by all PhD decisions today I may be hearing back sooner!

Rejected for SM at ORC.

The same old diplomatic rejection...

"This year the Operations Research Center received a large number of applications from outstanding candidates, and we are in the unfortunate situation of having many more qualified applicants than we have spaces in our program. Therefore, even though your credentials are very strong, we regret that we are unable to offer you admission to the interdepartmental graduate degree program in Operations Research."

rejection from MIT. I was waiting for it but it really hurts.

"This year the Operations Research Center received a large number ofapplications from outstanding candidates, and we are in the unfortunatesituation of having many more qualified applicants than we have spaces inour program. Therefore, even though your credentials are very strong, weregret that we are unable to offer you admission to the interdepartmentalgraduate degree program in Operations Research. Thank you for your interest in the Operations Research Center and for theinformation you provided in support of your application. We wish you greatsuccess in pursuing your graduate education. ...."

did you guys have to e-mail Berkeley to get your decisions?

i haven't heard anything for MS/PhD, but have seen some accepts/rejects on the results page...

I learned my rejection when I emailed them last week.

By the way, I saw 2 acceptances posts for Berkeley PhD. Congratulations to them.

If they write in the forums, may those guys share their profile with us?

This is probably the most exciting thing I've heard these days....

Just got admitted by Berkeley with MS/PhD in IEOR...This is awesome!!!

wow! congratulations! Berkeley is my dream school, but I haven't heard anything yet so I'm assuming the worst...

Congradulations to you!

Could you share your brief profile here? Thanks

Congratulations to you. Any financial aid from them?

There's no word of financial aid yet, I'm still waiting for my admission package.

I got 530+800+3.5 for my GRE and my GPA is 3.91 from Purdue IE, I hv no research experiences or paper whatsoever...

I believe my five recommendation letters really helped me...

Good Luck to all of u guys!

There's no word of financial aid yet, I'm still waiting for my admission package.

I got 530+800+3.5 for my GRE and my GPA is 3.91 from Purdue IE, I hv no research experiences or paper whatsoever...

I believe my five recommendation letters really helped me...

Good Luck to all of u guys!

Congratulations to you!

Im just wondering if anyone know when University of Illinois (MS) is going to send out acceptances/rejections? Also, I just got rejected from Berkeley, is there a chance that i could still get into Georgia Tech(MS) given my stats

GPA:3.62

GRE Quant: 780

Verb: 470

Anal: 4.5

Great Recs, 2 years Work Experience in related field, and Six Sigma Green Belt

Acceptances: Penn State, Texas A&M, FSU, University of Miami (PHD)

Rejections: Berkeley

Pending: Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Illinois at UC, UF.

Thanks alot

Im just wondering if anyone know when University of Illinois (MS) is going to send out acceptances/rejections? Also, I just got rejected from Berkeley, is there a chance that i could still get into Georgia Tech(MS) given my stats

GPA:3.62

GRE Quant: 780

Verb: 470

Anal: 4.5

Great Recs, 2 years Work Experience in related field, and Six Sigma Green Belt

Acceptances: Penn State, Texas A&M, FSU, University of Miami (PHD)

Rejections: Berkeley

Pending: Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Illinois at UC, UF.

Thanks alot

I asked UIUC yesterday and got a response that "Final decisions have not yet been made and all applications are still out for review by our IESE faculty." I hope this can help you.

Good luck to all of us.

PH

I've got rejection from Stanford (MS&E). But, they transfered my phd application to the master pool. Any news about master in MS&E?

I got the same email as yours. I think they will let us know at the end of admission process