CALLING ALL MIR/MHRM/MIRHR FALL 2020 APPLICANTS (Canada)

SmallBean

@TenH I applied to the one year stream... in retrospect I think I was a little over-confident in doing that but here's hoping! 

Also, I received my official acceptance to Queen's University this morning ? I wasn't able to find the deadline in the email or decision letter though - how did you find out we have until July to accept/decline?

Edited by SmallBean

Congrats to you both!! Hoping we all hear from UofT soon so we can start making some decisions (I'm trying to determine whether I should register for summer courses for a post-degree diploma program I got into). Have either of you heard of anyone else getting into the MIRHR program yet? I'm so curious as to how many offers have gone out already - I wonder if they've just sent out a few here and there or if they've actually sent out quite a few by this point ?

My application is also still under review @SmallBean - it's funny because even though I know we would hear back via email I always check the admissions page ... because that's where I expect I would hear a no! Regardless, I think it's a good sign that we haven't heard back yet. I think the admissions process runs in stages, and they're probably still in the early stages. 

Edited by allyvs132

@allyvs132 I check the admissions page frequently as well! I actually applied to a different (pretty unrelated) graduate program at UofT for fall 2020 entry as well. I was rejected on Monday (expected it), they send an email that says "a decision has been made regarding your application" and when you log into SGS application page they attach the rejection letter there. 

@TenH I contacted the MIR program office, they said we have a safety net of about 4 weeks to accept or decline our offer of admission. 

19 hours ago, allyvs132 said:

Congrats to you both!! Hoping we all hear from UofT soon so we can start making some decisions (I'm trying to determine whether I should register for summer courses for a post-degree diploma program I got into). Have either of you heard of anyone else getting into the MIRHR program yet? I'm so curious as to how many offers have gone out already - I wonder if they've just sent out a few here and there or if they've actually sent out quite a few by this point ?

Im also curious! And when I email the uoft program they aren’t very forthcoming with info

I'm gunna search old threads for UofT MIRHR to see around when they were accepted... maybe it'll give us some idea. I'm getting increasingly concerned about how the university closures and covid-19 might factor into a delay of admission decisions. I don't want to wait too long and lose my opportunity for Queen's.

16 hours ago, SmallBean said:

I'm gunna search old threads for UofT MIRHR to see around when they were accepted... maybe it'll give us some idea. I'm getting increasingly concerned about how the university closures and covid-19 might factor into a delay of admission decisions. I don't want to wait too long and lose my opportunity for Queen's.

Yeah I was thinking of you both on this as I'm sure administration units within universities are working remote/closing which may delay any response. I hope that Queens understands that there are delays happening everywhere and provides an extension for your 4 week deadline. 

• 2 weeks later...