CALLING ALL MIR/MHRM/MIRHR FALL 2020 APPLICANTS (Canada)

SmallBean

• 4 weeks later...

I'm tanking on whether to accept a 1-year MIRHR offer given the possibility that courses may be online in the fall. The tuition is kind of steep and I never realized MIRHR was eligible for Ontario Graduate Scholarships. What are people thinking now with Covid-19?

On 4/28/2020 at 11:37 AM, ebms12 said:

I'm tanking on whether to accept a 1-year MIRHR offer given the possibility that courses may be online in the fall. The tuition is kind of steep and I never realized MIRHR was eligible for Ontario Graduate Scholarships. What are people thinking now with Covid-19?

I relate, the financial struggle is REAL :( It's an investment for the future which is just something to keep in mind, covid-19 is right now but it's not forever. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I stumbled across this thread while looking for more information about how things will be in the upcoming 2020 fall semester for the MIRHR program. I know more information is coming about course delivery over the next few weeks, but if I had to take a guess, I would think that this program would favor the use of small class sizes as opposed to online delivery. I base this off of the enrollment for courses on ACORN being as small as 4 students per section to being as large as 25 or so. 

The financial struggle for this program might be worse than I initially anticipated given the low likelihood of finding reasonable summer employment now. Personally I'll be keeping an eye out for TAship openings in the psychology and philosophy departments since I have a decent academic history with my undergrad specialization and major in those subjects. I would suggest any student who is expecting to face difficulty or debt to check out the following resources:

-The career and learning network for on campus, off campus, and work-study jobs: https://clnx.utoronto.ca/students/wspublicstudents.htm
-The Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund forms can be found under the Financial Aid section here (Note the June 15 application deadline): https://www.cirhr.utoronto.ca/current-graduate-students/forms-and-information

Good luck everyone, hope to see you around come September!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Congrats on your acceptances! I am entering the 12-month MIRHR at UofT this fall! Is there anyone who would like to connect? I am looking forward to meeting you!

I am not sure if there is a Facebook group, etc., but I would like to connect! 

On 6/20/2020 at 1:02 PM, Lisaaa said:

Hi Everyone! Congrats on your acceptances! I am entering the 12-month MIRHR at UofT this fall! Is there anyone who would like to connect? I am looking forward to meeting you!

I am not sure if there is a Facebook group, etc., but I would like to connect! 

Hi, congrats on your acceptance as well! I'm pretty sure there is an MIRHR facebook group for the class of 2020/2021 (just type in MIRHR in the search bar on facebook and it should be one of the group results). Since you're in the 12 month program, I think this might include you, although I'm not 100% certain.

If there are any groups formed for the incoming class of students, then I'd be interested too!

• 2 weeks later...