Visit days cancelled because of Covid-19?

annetod

Has anyone's visit day been cancelled yet? Was thinking that keeping a running tally would be interesting and possibly helpful for those of us that have late-March visit days and are trying to predict if they'll still happen...

20 hours ago, lkaitlyn said:

Anyone have tips on how to judge schools with no visits? I feel biased toward the one I visited and am not sure what to do to give the others a fair shake.

Running into the same problem. I am leaning towards the ones I've visited and liked, just for security purposes I guess? It's hard to judge what you haven't seen. 

Edited by Almondcake

4 minutes ago, Almondcake said:

Running into the same problem. I am leaning towards the ones I've visited and liked, just for security purposes I guess? It's hard to judge what you haven't seen. 

Agreed. Whether or not I go with the school I visited though will come down to money, so in that way, the schools I haven't visited currently have the edge.

On 3/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, lkaitlyn said:

Anyone have tips on how to judge schools with no visits? I feel biased toward the one I visited and am not sure what to do to give the others a fair shake.

Yo! I'm in the same boat right now…. 

Yep, all my visit days were canceled.  One school is doing a "virtual campus visit," but that's definitely not the same...  Anyways, anyone know if this might effect funding offers?  I have two offers so far, and I'm waiting on word for about four more?  Do you think the virus might slow things down?  I know it's a tough question, but figured I'd put it out there, anyway.  

Hope everyone's staying safe out there.

20 hours ago, lkaitlyn said:

^One of my schools is also doing a virtual visit. Maybe the same one as yours?

Looking at your list of schools, probably not.  The school I'm talking about is Portland State.  It's good school for my specialization, although it was a bit of a safety school.  I probably won't end up going there, as I've already gotten funding offers from two other schools, and Portland basically told me they don't have a lot of funding.  They said they only have two fully funded TAs, so I'm not holding out on getting either of them.  Plus, Portland is expensive...