NSERC C/PGSD 2020-2021

TheCivLad

3 hours ago, Jtl said:

Hi folks. I’ve been lurking for a while but created an account to post. Does anyone else feel like their scores were really low? I have 2 first author publications, a 4.0 gpa, and I felt my proposal was fairly strong. However, I only scored 28 and 30 respectively. 

Holy did we have the same application :P ? My scores were similar, too. I can't imagine what I can do differently for next year.

I didn’t get an email, but I had to log into my account to see - I got a CGS award, rank 8/166 applications! I am absolutely shocked. I’m in Ontario and have gotten an OGS equivalent award before (Bell Graduate Scholarship). I was in committee 198 (Computing Sciences). Congrats to all those who received and good luck to those still waiting!

Edited by cm1234

8 minutes ago, Eldos said:

I applied for NSERC and still haven't got my decision letter. Anyone? 

Same boat - my folder is still empty. What committee are you apart of? This seems to be localized to people in 187 molecular and cellular biology

1 minute ago, Walczyka said:

Same boat - my folder is still empty. What committee are you apart of? This seems to be localized to people in 187 molecular and cellular biology

I should be in 187 cellular and molecular biology. So does that mean I should be getting my decision soon?

Just now, Eldos said:

I should be in 187 cellular and molecular biology. So does that mean I should be getting my decision soon?

I have no idea. I called this morning and they have no explanation as to why we haven't gotten our results yet...

11 hours ago, Jtl said:

Hi folks. I’ve been lurking for a while but created an account to post. Does anyone else feel like their scores were really low? I have 2 first author publications, a 4.0 gpa, and I felt my proposal was fairly strong. However, I only scored 28 and 30 respectively. 

11 hours ago, AlphaBetta 12 said:

I don't know to be honest, I've requested to see any written comments about my application because I'm curious. However, I do find it weird that your score is lower than you expected. Getting two first author publications should give you a huge boost. Have you made a request for any written comments?

I'm in the same boat. I feel my score is quite low especially since I got the same scores last year but published a first-author paper and got a university medal since then. I am stuck in the mid 30's so I assume it's my proposal. Who did you ask to receive written comments?

6 minutes ago, CharB said:

I'm in the same boat. I feel my score is quite low especially since I got the same scores last year but published a first-author paper and got a university medal since then. I am stuck in the mid 30's so I assume it's my proposal. Who did you ask to receive written comments?

NSERC scholarships, sent my request to this email: schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca

I feel like i'm going through all the stages of grief waiting to hear back about this damn award. I was up until 2am last night waiting and hoping they would actually upload the results. I called and all the guy said was "they haven't released the results yet", you're talking to a bunch of people applying for PhD's, we're not stupid. I just want the rejection letter already so I can stop worrying about it, because god knows this can't mean good news. ?

Edited by Genes129

Another data point: ranked 62/166 for Committee 198 and got PGS-D.

I feel like my position is marginal judging from some of the earlier posts and I am sincerely grateful. 

A bit about my application: I am at a good US school, have three first authored IEEE paper and one second authored IEEE paper. However, I feel like my proposal was not written well at all. It read more like a paper than a proposal. 

12 minutes ago, DarkNinja24 said:

Another data point: ranked 62/166 for Committee 198 and got PGS-D.

I feel like my position is marginal judging from some of the earlier posts and I am sincerely grateful. 

A bit about my application: I am at a good US school, have three first authored IEEE paper and one second authored IEEE paper. However, I feel like my proposal was not written well at all. It read more like a paper than a proposal. 

When did you receive your results? Just wondering because no one has posted about receiving anything since earlier last night. I'm wondering if this is a technical issue they're experiencing or just slower than expected processing times. 

Edited by Genes129

56 minutes ago, Genes129 said:

I feel like i'm going through all the stages of grief waiting to hear back about this damn award. I was up until 2am last night waiting and hoping they would actually upload the results. I called and all the guy said was "they haven't released the results yet", you're talking to a bunch of people applying for PhD's, we're not stupid. I just want the rejection letter already so I can stop worrying about it, because god knows this can't mean good news. ?

Pretty much feeling the same way. I'm pretty certain I've been rejected at this point, just want the actual rejection letter so I can move on with my life. This is going on the third day wasted anxiously sitting around and refreshing a page. 

1 minute ago, mbb56789 said:

Pretty much feeling the same way. I'm pretty certain I've been rejected at this point, just want the actual rejection letter so I can move on with my life. This is going on the third day wasted anxiously sitting around and refreshing a page. 

I feel the same but it looks like someone finally heard today and got an award: