NSERC C/PGSD 2020-2021

TheCivLad

35 minutes ago, Walczyka said:

Congrats to all the winners! Im still in the anxiously refreshing category! Last name W in 187!! Stressing with all of you has been fun in a weird way ahah.

Good luck! I JUST got the letter in 187! PGSD3 I'm so relieved!!! Looks like it's one of the committees with most applicants so might take a while to populate the letters~~~ your wait is almost over!!!

Edited by BobaCat

1 minute ago, BobaCat said:

Good luck! I JUST got the letter in 187! PGSD3 I'm so relieved!!! Looks like it's one of the committees with most applicants so might take a while to populate the letters~~~ your wait is almost over!!!

Congrats!!!!!! That’s amazing I’m proud of you! Go celebrate

I'd like to send a shout-out to all of those whose application didn't make it through NSERC today.

It's OK. It doesn't mean your work is worth any less than others who were announced as "winners". It just means that NSERC's criteria did not match your strengths. Maybe you didn't publish enough papers. Maybe you didn't want to be associated with a watered-down paper that doesn't add any extra value to the world. They still need a clear basis (such as the number of publications) to make their decision but that doesn't mean their criteria determines the value of your work.

Keep up the good work! Your work is valuable irrespective of what the committee decides!

Just now, Walczyka said:

What was the cutoff if you dont mind me asking?

I'm not too sure what the cutoff is, but I got ~60 in research and ~70 in experiences and got ranked in the 60s; one of my friends got ranked 70s in another committee and got waitlisted so I figured I got rly lucky :..

Just now, BobaCat said:

I'm not too sure what the cutoff is, but I got ~60 in research and ~70 in experiences and got ranked in the 60s; one of my friends got ranked 70s in another committee and got waitlisted so I figured I got rly lucky :..

thanks for sharing!

This is my first time posting, but I want to remind everyone there's always hope!

If you don't get accepted this year, just remember you have time to forward your research and build your resume. Last year, in Committee 194, I ranked close to 140/160. This year, I received a CGS-D3 with a ranking 20/160!

Thanks everyone for keeping us all sane through this waiting process. Sending best wishes to everyone during this time of unprecedented uncertainty!

Hi everyone!

I've been looking and refreshing this thread for the past two days and I finally created an account to contribute some numbers.

I got waitlisted for committee 198 with a rank of 90/166. I feel my chances of getting it are extremely low but I would love to know what people scored in this committee to know how off the numbers are.

My Avrg score was a 63 in Research and 44 in Experience.... Anyone else would like to share?

Thanks! And congrats to those of you who got awarded!

1 hour ago, OblongEducator said:

Another data point: waitlisted for PGSD3 at 76/166 for Committee 198. Not too bummed even if I don't get off the waitlist, more ammunition for next year.

Would you mind sharing your average score? I also got waitlisted but would love to know how off the numbers are...

3 hours ago, StructIntern said:

I got a similar ranking in another committee...right around the Belly....I am actually surprised that the waistlist goes all the way to the median ... I keep wondering if the cut-off for waitlist is based on the approx number of people who turned down their award from previous year or what....

OMG you are literally one above me!! would you mind sharing your score? Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, UltraVioletA said:

OMG you are literally one above me!! would you mind sharing your score? Thanks!!

score almost exactly the same as yours...actually they are the same as mine is only a few points higher than yours in each category. Unfortunately we are at the tail end of the waitlist if you assume 40% as the rough cut-off. 

1 minute ago, StructIntern said:

score almost exactly the same as yours...actually they are the same as mine is only a few points higher than yours in each category. Unfortunately we are at the tail end of the waitlist if you assume 40% as the rough cut-off. 

Oh wow I didn't think they would be that close! but yes it's unfortunate.... Yeah last year I believe the cutoff was roughly 42% for most committees.

Just now, Walczyka said:

Okay this gives me hope its not just me lol! 187 too!! Feeling super anxious about it, wishing you the best of luck! What is the letter of your last name?

Same here. My last name starts with G. How about yours? 

Good luck!!!

Just now, Polaris96 said:

Same here. My last name starts with G. How about yours? 

Good luck!!!

Im a W... not sure if its alpha or just because we are in a big committee.... at least we have each other! How are you feeling about it? Confident?