Current grad students: has your university closed down due to Coronavirus and what about clinical hours???

Hey there,

my university has extended our spring break another week and will be transitioning to online courses indefinitely. We have an on campus clinic where we see clients to receive our clinical hours. We have not heard anything from our clinic director regarding this so I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else is experiencing this. My main question-Have you heard anything about continuing clinic hours even though universities are closed/online only? 

MGH IHP is transitioning into online courses for the rest of the spring semester. We are currently on spring break and we just got word that our client sessions at the in-house clinic will be cancelled next week. No word on what it will look like for the rest of the semester for sessions, but I can only imagine that even if the school decides to reopen the clinic, it will ultimately become the family’s decisions. I know it really is a bummer especially for our clinic hours...

Mercy College has also closed due to the coronavirus. As of next Monday, we will have classes and midterms online. The following week is spring break. The school stated it will reassess the situation after spring break. I am not 100 percent sure what the school is going to do about missed clincial hours due to this pandemic.

Our clinic director hasn't made a decision yet about closing the clinic, but I'm guessing it's just a matter of time. I'm a second year with all my hours completed, but I'm sure the first-years are stressing. However, I don't think it will be too bad because we get way more hours at our three off-campus placements than at the on-campus clinic, so ultimately I don't think missing a month or two of clinic would affect graduation! I am more concerned for my fellow second-years who don't have all their hours yet and are placed at schools that might shut down. 

Saint Mary's College has an on campus clinic and is shutting down till April 13. Luckily, I did my clinicals last semester and got my hours, so I do not have to worry, but I know many of my classmates are concerned about getting their clinical clock hours. I think reaching out to your supervisors may provide you with more information. You may have to stay after graduation to complete them.