Have you received responses from all grad programs?

On 3/13/2020 at 12:42 PM, speechie20' said:

Hey! I applied to UT San Antonio and El Paso. UT El Paso sent out the interview slots this past Monday, but I haven't heard anything from San Antonio.

Ok! Thank you. I should email them but I do not know what to say. 

On 3/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, heyheyhey42 said:

I’m now just waiting on Arizona State University! I’m going to try emailing the graduate coordinator, just to make sure nothing was missed or lost. 

What did you say to the graduate coordinator in your email? I would like to email the schools I have not heard from but I do not know what to say.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:21 PM, swood said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from CSULB, Chapman, and ASU. I thought the waiting would get easier after I’d heard back from the other schools I applied to, but I feel like I’m checking my emails every 5 minutes haha

I'm still waiting on CSULB too!On the interview they said we would hear back in 2 weeks which would have been yesterday. I saw on here that they're doing a few more interviews (maybe people that couldn't attend 3/7), so I'm guessing we'll hear back by next week. 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:25 PM, AspiringSLP35 said:

What did you say to the graduate coordinator in your email? I would like to email the schools I have not heard from but I do not know what to say.

Hey, sorry, someone else responded to a thread I made about ASU and said they emailed the coordinator! She said they're still working on applications and we'd hear back by the end of the month (which is frustrating, because I'd like to be able to make a decision). I would probably just express my continued interest in the program and say that I'm eager to hear back.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:25 AM, AspiringSLP35 said:

rid you say to the graduate coordinator in your email? I would like to email the schools I have not heard from but I do not know what to say.

Okay so don't use this verbatim because that would be weird if we both sent *practically* the same email to the same coordinator BUT I already accepted another admission offer so here's what I wrote, roughly, to all the graduate coordinators that I didn't hear back from or got waitlisted from. 

Dear Dr. ________,

I want to reach out and thank you for the opportunity to interview with you and the rest of the__________ faculty (if you didn't interview just say thank you for your time). It was eye-opening to learn that (insert what stuck out to you about their program). One of the biggest reasons I applied to______ was for a ______________________. If admitted, (insert if you will enroll/ if you are interested in research or GA position/what you will do for the school).

I can really see myself insert what you are looking for in a grad school. I believe insert you're a good fit for program and why. Emphasize what you can do for the school!

Being accepted to a program of this caliber insert what getting accepted would mean to you. Thank you again for generously sharing your time with me and the other qualified individuals. I look forward to hearing from ____________________ and hopefully representing the school in the future. 

Sincerely,

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 11:46 AM, MadisonMachelle said:

Okay so don't use this verbatim because that would be weird if we both sent *practically* the same email to the same coordinator BUT I already accepted another admission offer so here's what I wrote, roughly, to all the graduate coordinators that I didn't hear back from or got waitlisted from. 

Dear Dr. ________,

I want to reach out and thank you for the opportunity to interview with you and the rest of the__________ faculty (if you didn't interview just say thank you for your time). It was eye-opening to learn that (insert what stuck out to you about their program). One of the biggest reasons I applied to______ was for a ______________________. If admitted, (insert if you will enroll/ if you are interested in research or GA position/what you will do for the school).

I can really see myself insert what you are looking for in a grad school. I believe insert you're a good fit for program and why. Emphasize what you can do for the school!

Being accepted to a program of this caliber insert what getting accepted would mean to you. Thank you again for generously sharing your time with me and the other qualified individuals. I look forward to hearing from ____________________ and hopefully representing the school in the future. 

Sincerely,

Hi Madison. Thank you. I emailed the graduate coordinators about a week and a half ago. I don't think we are applying to any of the same schools. I heard back from most of them except University of Texas, El Paso.