2010 Stanford Civil & Environmental Admits

s1u8n

I know there's quite of few of you here, feel free to post about anything.

Great s1u8n!

Besides the SUNetID + Acceptance, what other stuff from the AXESS site is needed to be fulfilled?

For international admits: do you know what are the steps involved to get the VISA?

Should we send the I-20 filled up, a copy of the passport and the paperwork regarding the funding?

Great s1u8n!

Besides the SUNetID + Acceptance, what other stuff from the AXESS site is needed to be fulfilled?

For international admits: do you know what are the steps involved to get the VISA?

Should we send the I-20 filled up, a copy of the passport and the paperwork regarding the funding?

What are the next steps after accepting the offer?

@s1u8n

Have you received financial decision?

They told me that I may receive it only after the 15th.....

Hi there,

my admission was quite late and my University ID is not yet recognized by the system. Does anyone of you know how long it takes ? (I'm quite impatient to accept my offer of admission).

Anyway, what program did you apply to ?

Edited by Moghi

Hello everyone.

I received my admit in Design Construction Integration program more than 1 months ago via snail mail. Since then I hav'nt received any communication from Stanford via email or anything. Can any one please tell me how do we accept the admission offer? Also how come funding decisions are taking that long?

No one is replying to the mails and when I called the secretary she told that she does not know when the financial aid decisions will be made. So I don't understand what to do next?

Hello everyone.

I received my admit in Design Construction Integration program more than 1 months ago via snail mail. Since then I hav'nt received any communication from Stanford via email or anything. Can any one please tell me how do we accept the admission offer? Also how come funding decisions are taking that long?

No one is replying to the mails and when I called the secretary she told that she does not know when the financial aid decisions will be made. So I don't understand what to do next?

I received an attachment along with my admission letter that tells me exactly how to accept an offer. this website also shows you step by step instruction on how to accept the offer.

http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions/admitted/offer

you need your student ID in order to create a SUNetID and accept the offer.

I'm still waiting on funding decisions as well... I heard Stanford is rich, hopefully they can fund most of the students.

What are the next steps after accepting the offer?

@s1u8n

Have you received financial decision?

They told me that I may receive it only after the 15th.....

Tim, anyone I talked to or emailed about funding either doesn't reply, or is of no help. I don't know what's the next step after accepting the admission, I think there is a patent agreement on axess that you can sign electronically, and if you're US resident you have to fill out a form to get student loans. there's also a "to-do list" on the right side of axess, if it's empty you should be good...

Hi there,

my admission was quite late and my University ID is not yet recognized by the system. Does anyone of you know how long it takes ? (I'm quite impatient to accept my offer of admission).

Anyway, what program did you apply to ?

It took 24 hours for me to create a SUNetID, and it took another 6-8 hours before the accept admission link showed up on the website. I would wait maybe 1 day and try your student ID again(remember if it's not 8 digits you need to put a 0 in front of your ID number). If it still fails, there's a stanford help link, you can submit a ticket and an IT tech will help you.

It took 24 hours for me to create a SUNetID, and it took another 6-8 hours before the accept admission link showed up on the website. I would wait maybe 1 day and try your student ID again(remember if it's not 8 digits you need to put a 0 in front of your ID number). If it still fails, there's a stanford help link, you can submit a ticket and an IT tech will help you.

Well, it's working now, Thx.

I received an attachment along with my admission letter that tells me exactly how to accept an offer. this website also shows you step by step instruction on how to accept the offer.

http://studentaffair.../admitted/offer

you need your student ID in order to create a SUNetID and accept the offer.

I'm still waiting on funding decisions as well... I heard Stanford is rich, hopefully they can fund most of the students.

Unfortunately my admission letter just says that I am admitted to DCI and am invited to the visitation day on 19 March. It does not carry any kind of University Id or attachment. I find it really hard to believe that Stanford completely forgot me after sending the offer letter.

Unfortunately my admission letter just says that I am admitted to DCI and am invited to the visitation day on 19 March. It does not carry any kind of University Id or attachment. I find it really hard to believe that Stanford completely forgot me after sending the offer letter.

Email Ms. Vonner or Ms. Sampson, or Prof Law and ask for your university ID number... I think the only structural admit that went to the visitation day was TheFish, you can try messaging her to see if she made any contacts with other DCI admits.

I accepted the stanford's admission offer to MS in structural engineering. I have still not received any packet from stanford. As the postal service is unreliable in my area, and it is possible that our elderly complacent postman misplaced my letter, I asked the department to send me an email about my acceptance so that I could take necessary actions.

I was told that it might not be possible to receive a reply regarding funding before April 15; and hence, I had to accept the offer without knowing my prospects of funding.

I hope Stanford is as rich as s1u8n pointed out, and it provides me some sort of funding.

My Axess To Do list is empty.

I was going through graduate housing in Stanford and the costs are pretty steep. How can I look for housing facilities around stanford. I know stanford is located around Palo Alto, but what other areas can I look for for housing. I can't visit the place before the term starts, so it will be pretty difficult to get a good deal sitting here in India. But, if someone can suggest some websites or other sources, the help will be really appreciated.

BTW, When does the term start? September first week or earlier?

Edited by timebarrier

Email Ms. Vonner or Ms. Sampson, or Prof Law and ask for your university ID number... I think the only structural admit that went to the visitation day was TheFish, you can try messaging her to see if she made any contacts with other DCI admits.

I accepted the stanford's admission offer to MS in structural engineering. I have still not received any packet from stanford. As the postal service is unreliable in my area, and it is possible that our elderly complacent postman misplaced my letter, I asked the department to send me an email about my acceptance so that I could take necessary actions.

I was told that it might not be possible to receive a reply regarding funding before April 15; and hence, I had to accept the offer without knowing my prospects of funding.

I hope Stanford is as rich as s1u8n pointed out, and it provides me some sort of funding.

I was going through graduate housing in Stanford and the costs are pretty steep. How can I look for housing facilities around stanford. I know stanford is located around Palo Alto, but what other areas can I look for for housing. I can't visit the place before the term starts, so it will be pretty difficult to get a good deal sitting here in India. But, if someone can suggest some websites or other sources, the help will be really appreciated.

I am from Chile and the mail took 15 days to arrive.

I saw the important date at this web site http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions/admitted/checklist

Also for us international applicant take a look at the Bechtel international Center http://icenter.stanford.edu/students/new/orientation.html

Whom did you ask to send the email regarding your acceptance?

The term starts on September, 20, except if you have to take an English Test (TOEFL < 102), I believe. You also have some deadline to meet on September, 15 but everything is explained on the Website.

The term starts on September, 20, except if you have to take an English Test (TOEFL < 102), I believe. You also have some deadline to meet on September, 15 but everything is explained on the Website.

my toefl is 103, and i need to take that test. it is on my to do list.that might not be the condition for the test..

@ timebarrier

By the way I searched some off-campus housing alternatives and the housing alternatives at stanford seemed to be at a reasonable price if you don't want to travel a lot in a day. unofficial.stanford.edu is where i looked up some apartments,

https://www.stanford.edu/dept/rde/chs/general/chs/campus/webauth/listings/apartments.html is another address to look at, stanford directed website. there are lots of options there, apartments, rooms, shared housing,etc..

still I will go for the on-campus housing but It is your choice in the end..

I just came back from the department, and I talked to Prof Law. he said the department admitted about 35 MS students out of 200 something. He said the department doesn't get a lot of funding, students will have to be resourceful. At this point, they're waiting for other students to accept/decline offers, and then evaluate to see who else gets funding. I think my chance of getting funding is small. He told me to make sure and attend the orientation day, anyone has any information on that? time and location?

There's a Stanford thread under "meet and greet" or "city guide" forums, they said Menlo park and Mountain View has cheaper apartments, and very bikable to Stanford. on a side note, Stanford student body is quite active, quite alot of stuff goes on in campus.

I just came back from the department, and I talked to Prof Law. he said the department admitted about 35 MS students out of 200 something. He said the department doesn't get a lot of funding, students will have to be resourceful. At this point, they're waiting for other students to accept/decline offers, and then evaluate to see who else gets funding. I think my chance of getting funding is small. He told me to make sure and attend the orientation day, anyone has any information on that? time and location?

There's a Stanford thread under "meet and greet" or "city guide" forums, they said Menlo park and Mountain View has cheaper apartments, and very bikable to Stanford. on a side note, Stanford student body is quite active, quite alot of stuff goes on in campus.

There is an orientation program for international students from September 13, but I don't know whether the same orientation program will apply to US residents/citizens as well.

http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions/admitted/checklist

From the threads on this post, am I to assume that most of you guys would be trying for the in-campus graduate housing?

I have not received the admission packet from stanford. I emailed Ms. Sampson and she told me that they would not be resending the packet.

Hence, can someone (preferably, international student) who has received the packet tell me what all documents are there in the packet so that I can take appropriate actions.

I have not received the admission packet from stanford. I emailed Ms. Sampson and she told me that they would not be resending the packet.

Hence, can someone (preferably, international student) who has received the packet tell me what all documents are there in the packet so that I can take appropriate actions.

If you have the Student ID number (and I guess you have it in order to have accepted the offer) you are ready.

The package only contains: the formal letter of acceptance (I guess that they sent you a pdf version trough email), a small brochure of Stanford University CEE department and another letter with the Student ID number and some directions.

I found more useful the directions of the Admitted Students webpage http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions/admitted

Do you have funding from Stanford?

I tip for every one... star filling up the health forms... it has tons of information to recolect...

best!

If you have the Student ID number (and I guess you have it in order to have accepted the offer) you are ready.

The package only contains: the formal letter of acceptance (I guess that they sent you a pdf version trough email), a small brochure of Stanford University CEE department and another letter with the Student ID number and some directions.

I found more useful the directions of the Admitted Students webpage http://studentaffair...ssions/admitted

Do you have funding from Stanford?

I tip for every one... star filling up the health forms... it has tons of information to recolect...

best!

No, I don't have funding yet.

Have you filled out the form for student ID card?

Where are you planning to stay?