2010 Stanford Civil & Environmental Admits

s1u8n

I'm moving in on the 11th too!

Is anyone planning on finishing all 45 units in three quarters? I did not get funds, and I plan on working part time to help out with school. I don't know what's reasonable number of classes to take.

On a side note, I got 3 job offers this past week, the constrution industry is picking up, and Stanford opens great doors.

I planning on doing that... but the official calendar for the 2010-2011 class has not been uploaded yet... :S would it be similar than the previous one?

I will arrive on august 1st…

you are all very beastly... 5 classes a quarter, are you kidding me? lol I guess I'm the only one taking the slow track, 9-10 units a quarter, 4-5 quarters total. Is anyone planning on going for PhD? Personally I think teaching is way less stressful than consulting.

• 1 month later...

How is everyone's summer coming along? Enrollment opened today, I haven't spoken with an advisor yet... but I'm gonna sign up for some classes anyways. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same, if so what classes? mines are

CEE 280 - Advanced Structural Analysis

CEE 201D - Computations in Civil and Environmental Engineering

CEE 285A - Advanced Structural Concrete Behavior and Design

CEE 285B - Advanced Structural Steel Behavior and Design

what do they mean when axess says a class is 3-4 units? is it 3 or 4 units? That will have major implications on my tuition costs.

How is everyone's summer coming along? Enrollment opened today, I haven't spoken with an advisor yet... but I'm gonna sign up for some classes anyways. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same, if so what classes? mines are

Is the course enrollment on some kind of first come first serve basis.....meaning, do i stand a chance of losing an opportunity to enroll in a particular course (because the seats are filled) if i decide to enroll during the orientation week, wen i m more conversant with d procedure n other technicalities.

CEE 280 - Advanced Structural Analysis

CEE 201D - Computations in Civil and Environmental Engineering

CEE 285A - Advanced Structural Concrete Behavior and Design

CEE 285B - Advanced Structural Steel Behavior and Design

what do they mean when axess says a class is 3-4 units? is it 3 or 4 units? That will have major implications on my tuition costs.

does CEE285A open in autumn quarter?

does CEE285A open in autumn quarter?

I believe it is, it's available on axess, even has the time slot and room scheduled.

@Timebarrier, I do believe it's first come first serve basis, but on axess they show 999 available seats, I say there's no way you won't get to sign up for the classes you want, especially if it's a 200 level graduate course.

I believe it is, it's available on axess, even has the time slot and room scheduled.

@Timebarrier, I do believe it's first come first serve basis, but on axess they show 999 available seats, I say there's no way you won't get to sign up for the classes you want, especially if it's a 200 level graduate course.

ok... I only saw the explorecourses web page...

do you know if we are allowed to take clases of the 300 level like CEE 385?

pretty sure you register for CEE300 and then the week before class starts you meet with an advisor to choose a real schedule. Then, you have about 2 weeks to change your schedule (add/drop). I hear that if you want a class, you get it, there's no filling up.

• 1 month later...

3 /4 unit is for people whose credit per quarter is capped at 10. i.e those who has TA/RA and those who go the 5 quarters route.

speaking as a 2009 structural admit who graduated last june in 3 quarters, working part time with 15/16 units workload is just not possible. heck i don't even think working 20 hrs a week is a good idea with 'only' 3 classes. I tried working part time with 4 classes and it's just painful. You will be so loaded up with homework and projects that you will want some spare time to catch a break. some of the works are just plain time consuming. on average i spent 8 hours a day doing work not including lecture time. sometimes you can spend the entire day rushing deadline.... if i can pick again i would do 5 quarters because 1. lighter workload, more fun, more classes total. 2.you can intern over the summer and then the chance you would get a job after graduation will be much higher. this year a lot of grad couldn't get a job...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be in SDC! send me a message :)

I talked with the department. I'm moving onto campus on the 11th of September, and then i think Thursday of that week we will be assigned academic advisors. We will get the opportunity Thursday or Friday to sit down with them to decide on a class schedule. As far as "orientation" I'm not sure, but I get the feeling it's all happening that week.

Can you pls post your profile. Planning to apply for fall 2012. Thanks