ArtNerd2020

Columbia University - Fall 2020

I thought I would start a thread for Columbia. I will be a student in their art history MA program; despite all of the uncertainty, I am still looking forward to the fall. 

Hey! I'll be a student in the American Studies MA Program. Looking forward to the fall aswell :) 

Hi All. I've committed to the East Asian Languages and Cultures M.A. program, but am slightly worried about the fall semester being online/other virus-related contingencies. Does anyone have any information about what the fall semester will likely look like? 

5 hours ago, panqiang97 said:

Hi All. I've committed to the East Asian Languages and Cultures M.A. program, but am slightly worried about the fall semester being online/other virus-related contingencies. Does anyone have any information about what the fall semester will likely look like? 

To my knowledge, Columbia is still currently planning to have in-person classes in the fall. I'm sure they'll be very direct and let us know ASAP if/when they decide to change that. I've been playing around with the idea of deferring for a year, but I think I'd loose the scholarship that I got. So I think I'll stick with whatever Columbia decides to do for now. 

Hi, 

I've applied to the MSW Program at Columbia University. I was waitlisted. I should be hearing an answer by May 15th. 

Hopeful, but not sure if I stand a chance. 

-Mo

On 4/28/2020 at 12:50 PM, MoChelle said:

Hi, 

I've applied to the MSW Program at Columbia University. I was waitlisted. I should be hearing an answer by May 15th. 

Hopeful, but not sure if I stand a chance. 

-Mo

Good luck! Hope you get in :) 

Hi,

Got accepted today for the MSW program, curious to see if they transition to online or not. Anyways, really excited!

Hi everyone! Congrats on your acceptance. I got into the M.A. in South Asian Studies program at Columbia starting this fall. I emailed the school and the director informed me they're planning to start classes as per normal in Sept. Hope this helps! Where's everyone from? I'll be moving from SG to NY and don't know a single person in NY 😛

On 5/10/2020 at 5:11 AM, ZGaz said:

Hi everyone! Congrats on your acceptance. I got into the M.A. in South Asian Studies program at Columbia starting this fall. I emailed the school and the director informed me they're planning to start classes as per normal in Sept. Hope this helps! Where's everyone from? I'll be moving from SG to NY and don't know a single person in NY 😛

I'm currently finishing another master's program in New Hampshire, but I'm originally from Long Island. I'm excited to be closer to home again in all honesty lol :) 

On 5/10/2020 at 5:11 AM, ZGaz said:

Congratulations! I'm from MA and went to undergrad in upstate NY. I look forward to being on campus too, and I hope that we have a more definite answer about whether classes will be on campus or online soon!