Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) 2020-2021

PasserBy

11 hours ago, ChefMike said:

FYI for those at Western, this morning I was moved off the wait-list and offered the award. I am now the second person I know to have gotten off the wait-list so it seems to be moving along fairly well.

congrats!! that's awesome! throw some of your luck my way pls. i wonder if the funding is department-allocated and the waitlists are then department-specific, or if it's university-wide?

On 5/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, AlsoGradStudent2020 said:

I just received a response from the York University Scholarship Awards Coordinator that I should find out my result by the end of this month.

Cool! Thanks! Do you know if we receive a notice if we were unsuccessful as well? Or do we just not hear anything from them?

On 5/22/2020 at 8:40 AM, gradstudent2020 said:

Cool! Thanks! Do you know if we receive a notice if we were unsuccessful as well? Or do we just not hear anything from them?

I'm not sure... I believe we're given like 10 business days to confirm acceptance so I would follow up if nothing is received by end of month.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, ChefMike said:

FYI for those at Western, this morning I was moved off the wait-list and offered the award. I am now the second person I know to have gotten off the wait-list so it seems to be moving along fairly well.

Hi, congratulations - that's great news! How long did it take for them to let you know that you were moved off the waitlist? It's been over a month,  and I still have not heard anything yet. Thanks!

Good news to all the York folks: I received my OGS today so the results should be rolling out this afternoon, if they haven't for you already. Good luck!

I got notified through email, and it is a simple link and form to fill out (within 10 business days) to accept your reward.

My email came in through my inbox, but as with all things, check your junk mail in case.

Edited by m20lle

2 hours ago, m20lle said:

Good news to all the York folks: I received my OGS today so the results should be rolling out this afternoon, if they haven't for you already. Good luck!

I got notified through email, and it is a simple link and form to fill out (within 10 business days) to accept your reward.

My email came in through my inbox, but as with all things, check your junk mail in case.

Congrats! Hope to see some results soon too

Waitlisted at Guelph!  So at least they are getting through sending offers etc; 

I think this year is just going to be a bit absurd with a the deadlines pushed back etc; 

22 hours ago, angrycrustacean said:

Even before the pandemic, my faculty at UofT told me to expect results in mid-July. But for it's worth, last year my faculty recommended me on June 20, and SGS confirmed the award on July 2.

Just got recommended on 1 June 2020 via the OGS application portal. 

Would you be able to explain that the SGS exactly does to ‘confirm’ the award? I thought it was just the department who reviews and adjudicates applications?

Congrats to those who have successfully been awarded an OGS!!!

Any other U of T students like me who have been placed on the 'Alternate' list? Does anybody know whether there is generally movement off the list? 

Thanks!

Edited by OGSAlternate

7 hours ago, Okease9 said:

Just got recommended on 1 June 2020 via the OGS application portal. 

Would you be able to explain that the SGS exactly does to ‘confirm’ the award? I thought it was just the department who reviews and adjudicates applications?

Congrats! Last year my recommendation was e-mailed to me as follows:

"I am pleased to inform you that the Selection Committee for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) at [my faculty] has completed its adjudication process and you have been nominated to receive a 2019-20 Ontario Graduate Scholarship.

Upon final review and confirmation of your eligibility for this award by the School of Graduate Studies, an official award offer letter with terms and conditions of the award will be made available to you in July 2019."

The followup e-mail from SGS in July was just a form letter confirming that I'd been deemed eligible and given the award. I think the SGS approval is just procedural, to make sure basic eligibility requirements are met, like not already receiving a CGS-M or CGS-D.

4 hours ago, angrycrustacean said:

Congrats! Last year my recommendation was e-mailed to me as follows:

"I am pleased to inform you that the Selection Committee for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) at [my faculty] has completed its adjudication process and you have been nominated to receive a 2019-20 Ontario Graduate Scholarship.

Upon final review and confirmation of your eligibility for this award by the School of Graduate Studies, an official award offer letter with terms and conditions of the award will be made available to you in July 2019."

The followup e-mail from SGS in July was just a form letter confirming that I'd been deemed eligible and given the award. I think the SGS approval is just procedural, to make sure basic eligibility requirements are met, like not already receiving a CGS-M or CGS-D.

Thanks! And thanks for this! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 1:53 PM, FluffyRush said:

I got waitlisted at Guelph about 2 weeks ago! 

Heya - have you heard any updates?

Hello, I am just curious if anyone has seen or heard of any movement on the Western wait list? Also, does anyone have experience with the wait list this late in the year? Is there even a chance of coming off the wait list now? Thank you in advance for any insight or information you may have!

On 6/30/2020 at 11:42 AM, envirogirl said:

Hello, I am just curious if anyone has seen or heard of any movement on the Western wait list? Also, does anyone have experience with the wait list this late in the year? Is there even a chance of coming off the wait list now? Thank you in advance for any insight or information you may have!

I'm not at Western, but I've been told that most movement does sometimes happen in July/August

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Queen's student here: I received an OGS offer on Monday. Weirdly enough, when I inquired about it about a month ago, I was told that all successful recipients were already contacted. Wondering if I was possibly waitlisted or if there was maybe a delay? Regardless, just wanted to share if anyone was still waiting to hear or know what was happening.