PhD Deposit?

PsychPhdBound

Hi all! With April 15th just around the corner, I'm trying to make sure I've crossed all of my T's and dotted all of my I's. I have seen a number of people mentioning required deposits for their programs, and I'm curious if this is universal. I wasn't prompted to make a deposit when I accepted my offer through the online portal, and no one has said anything about it, but I don't want to make assumptions and have things fall through the cracks. I emailed the graduate school's admissions folks on April 5th, and again today, but haven't heard back. I also emailed the program coordinator this morning, so hopefully they'll respond on Monday or Tuesday. I guess I'm just here trying to get a better understanding of the situation before I accidentally mess something up. I'll be attending the University of Michigan, if anyone has specific knowledge about Rackham's policies. Thanks in advance!

Hello! 

Im not going to the University of Michigan, but if it helps for the meantime my university I will be attending didn’t require a deposit. 

Congrats on the admit and best of luck! 

1 hour ago, PsychPhdBound said:

Hi all! With April 15th just around the corner, I'm trying to make sure I've crossed all of my T's and dotted all of my I's. I have seen a number of people mentioning required deposits for their programs, and I'm curious if this is universal. I wasn't prompted to make a deposit when I accepted my offer through the online portal, and no one has said anything about it, but I don't want to make assumptions and have things fall through the cracks. I emailed the graduate school's admissions folks on April 5th, and again today, but haven't heard back. I also emailed the program coordinator this morning, so hopefully they'll respond on Monday or Tuesday. I guess I'm just here trying to get a better understanding of the situation before I accidentally mess something up. I'll be attending the University of Michigan, if anyone has specific knowledge about Rackham's policies. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, no.... None of the schools I applied to/interviewed at wanted students to pay a deposit upon accepting enrollment. Now, all of them do require students to pay a small amount of fees each semester (tuition waived), but those are just paid each semester. Maybe deposits are required for students that aren't receiving tuition waivers?

18 hours ago, PsychPhdBound said:

Is your program fully funded?

38 minutes ago, PsychPhdBound said:

Mine is fully funded, but I wasn't sure if that was why there wasn't a deposit?

Yeah I think so. Both our programs are big R1 programs. I did not get any mention of paying anything just yet. I think We might have to pay for some school fees but that’s it. Maybe heath insurance if yours isn’t automatically given to you