Leveling Coursework- HELP

Okay so I graduated with a degree in Speech Language Hearing Sciences and got into a graduate program in the Fall (YAY).. But I need to take 3 courses this Summer in order to actually be "in". I need to take an undergrad course in Speech Sound Disorders and an undergrad course in Language Disorders, and then a physics or chem course. Any idea where in the world I should take these for cheap? I've discussed with UW- Eau Claire post-bacc/leveling coursework program but they can't guarantee me a spot until like a week prior to classes starting (talk about stressful)... Anyone else been through this before? (I'll likely take the chem/physics at a local community college to save $$ but really don't have a back up plan for the other leveling courses)

Edited by SLPeep44
typo

I’m in the same boat as you! As of now, I’m planning on taking my bio and chem class at a local community college to save money..  and then taking my one speech pre-requisite, Aural Rehabilitation, through Utah State University online. I looked into UW-Eau Claire as well and got the same information- that they can’t guarantee a spot since they go to their undergrad and post-bac students first. Then I looked into Utah State (which was actually cheaper than the other schools I was browsing) and the registration was SUPER easy and went smooth. Definitely recommend checking them out. I’m almost positive they have the classes you need! Hope that helps! 

Edited by Gradslp

I was told to look into longwood and utah state university at least for speech classes! I'm in a similar boat and ended up submitting my application to longwood and am waiting to hear back so I can hopefully register. I'm a little stressed about courses filling up since it's a little last minute but that is my current plan, backup is taking them through my program but for more money if I am really in a pinch

I took all my speech classes online at longwood. They are cheaper than some of the others I was considering but I know eastern New Mexico is even cheaper. 

I took online classes at ENMU and it was $300/unit which is significantly cheaper than other schools. Be careful a bout Utah state because I've heard from others that some grad programs don't accept grades from that school bc of grade inflation.