MPH 2021 Canada

2 hours ago, Excel725 said:

congrats! when did you get your offer? and what were your experiences? 

2 years of working as mental health/research assistant at Uni, 1.5 years pharmacy assistant, one summer volunteering at local diabetes clinic, one summer of T2D research at hospital, worked for a rural education project in China last summer, research project on T2D prevalence among immigrants 

No publications, conferences, awards, etc 

Intent letter focused on my interest in chronic disease prevention, specifically T2D. 

Low key messed up my last year of undergrad (had 60s in 2 courses) from overloading, so I'm glad they even considered me lol 

1 hour ago, BEN29 said:

Has anyone ever figured out how many people get waitlisted for Mac? I know someone mentioned earlier that they had 800 applicants this year and they have 25 (FT) and 5 (PT) spots. So technically, do they just send their top 25 applicants offers and waitlist another 10-15 people in case those applicants reject the offer? I'm new to this and would appreciate some insights since waiting to hear back till July seems long.

I think July is like the absolute latest they'll reach back. Since the deadline to accept is some time next week, I'm assuming if I get accepted we should hear back some time next week or the week after. They probably send rejections in July.

3 hours ago, mph21 said:

Does anyone have insight into the MPH at Mac vs Queen's? Just got an offer for Queen's and feeling super grateful but conflicted now...

Both are 16-month programs with practicum; Queen's seems to have more elective options on their website but Mac has the option of replacing a couple electives with an additional part-time practicum; and location is different of course which could mean varying availability of practicums. If anyone has any further insight, I'd really appreciate it!!

I like that Mac has an additional practicum! 

2 minutes ago, pandorica101 said:

Same. pre screening. Idk what to make of it

what are your guys stats? Maybe below a cut off they don't even consider us 

Edited by bbj

Just now, bbj said:

what are your guys stats? 

3.5 last two years, international medical graduate, worked as physician in home country for two years, then as physician assistant in canada. Three medical researches under belt and worked as research assistant during medical school as well as volunteered in couple of non profit during medical school

as medical school course work is really rigorous i dont have very high gpa or cgpa 

1 minute ago, pandorica101 said:

3.5 last two years, international medical graduate, worked as physician in home country for two years, then as physician assistant in canada. Three medical researches under belt and worked as research assistant during medical school as well as volunteered in couple of non profit during medical school

as medical school course work is really rigorous i dont have very high gpa or cgpa 

Okay I think maybe thats what it is, cause my gpa is around the same. But you sound very deserving so I hope your hear good news soon! 

Just now, pandorica101 said:

Maybe they just send acceptance letters to highest gpas first and take those under review first then move to next cohort 

I've honestly lost hope at this point :)) 

4 minutes ago, pandorica101 said:

Well deserved! Many congrats :)

47 minutes ago, mphapplicant1998 said:

Received an offer from Guelph, Queen’s and Alberta Epi all within the past week! Guelph last Friday, then Queen’s and Alberta earlier today

congrats!!! what stats and experiences did you apply to?