Are Post Baccs hard to get into?

I need to do a Post Bacc for SLP before applying for the masters.

I’m so scared that I’m just crying everyday because I’m scared I won’t even get accepted into a post bacc program for SLP. 

My gpa is not that great...

it’s on the low side.

I’m a Junior in Undergrad right now and by the time I graduate I will end with a 3.3 ~ 3.4. 
But I heard that you need to add your gpa at the current time of application and for most schools that is during the winter quarter..

By that time I would be in my Winter quarter for my school and my gpa would only be around 3.1 ish...

I live in LA and for financial and personal reasons I really have to stay in LA/so-cal.

Even places like San Diego and San Francisco are too far for me..

Are post baccs hard to get into

please give me some info

I’m really desperate..

Not in my experience. I got into Pacific University's and UVM's online post-bacc programs and both application processes were really simple and quick. I have heard that some California post-baccs are hard to get into because of the high demand, so you have to submit your app right when the portal opens (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this).

Another option would be for you to apply as a non-degree student and take a la carte prereqs online through ENMU or USU. I've heard good things about either of those options, and since you're not entering a program I would imagine that they accept everybody. Relax! Getting your prereqs really shouldn't be that stressful--just make sure you do well in them!

@bibliophile222 Hi thanks for your reply. I just heard online Post Baccs take longer than face-to-face? That's why I was interested in schools near my home...

Also, do we need extracurriculars to get into a Post bacc?

I thought we didn't and I'm panicking so much and my head is spinning after I saw a post about someone who had a low GPA but got into a Post bacc... they had extracurriculars.

Just now, Moonlamp said:

@bibliophile222 Hi thanks for your reply. I just heard online Post Baccs take longer than face-to-face? That's why I was interested in schools near my home...

I thought we didn't and I'm panicking so much and my head is spinning after I saw a post about someone who had a low GPA but got into a Post bacc... they had extracurriculars.

Your online post bacc classes can take as long as it takes for you to finish. BUT you should check to make sure there’s not a limit on the amount of credits you can take at a time. New Paltz didn’t allow for too many at once so I knocked that off my list. Longwood university, where I did mine, didn’t put a limit on the amount of classes I could do and I decided to complete it in 2yrs. It could’ve taken me a yr if I did full time along with summer classes. As far as I know most online post bacc you just have to “apply” and send your transcripts. I say apply because no one looked at my grades to turn me down or let me in. They didn’t look at my work history or extracurriculars. Nothing. They needed my transcript because for one class I needed to have taken a bio class.  I just got in and started taking classes. 

@Cece93

Hello. 

Do you have any information on CSULB, CSUF, or Biola Post Bacc?

Those schools are the schools I hope to get in for Post Bacc but I have no idea if they look at GPA for post bacc and other things..

I'm a California Resident if that changes anything..? :( 

4 hours ago, Moonlamp said:

@Cece93

Hello. 

Do you have any information on CSULB, CSUF, or Biola Post Bacc?

Those schools are the schools I hope to get in for Post Bacc but I have no idea if they look at GPA for post bacc and other things..

I'm a California Resident if that changes anything..? :( 

Sorry I don’t really know anything about schools in California.

Hi, I attended the post-bacc at CSULA, so I can only really speak to their program. I would say it's somewhat competitive, but certainly not as much so as the grad program. They can only accept a certain number of students into the post-bacc since the classes are usually held in-person and you are sharing spots in classes with the undergraduate students as well. I am not sure how covid-19 will affect future post-bacc cohorts. The application was just your transcripts and a personal statement about why you wanted to pursue speech pathology. 

I would encourage you to try not to stress too much about this. As others have mentioned, there are many options to complete your post-bacc coursework including lots of great online programs. The road to completing your prereqs and applying to grad school is a long one and working to manage your stress will really benefit you in the long run.  Focus on breaking down what's stressing you out into the things you can control and things you can't control, and then you can work on those things that are actionable.  

@faithcarol if the post baccs are competitive.. will they just drop the people with GPAs on the low side..? Because I really want to do my post bacc at a school near me.... 

I don’t really want to do an online Post Bacc or go anywhere else except for schools like CSUF CSULB Biola CBU which are near me... 

Do you know what standards they pick the post bacc people? :( 

I’m so desperate I need all the information I can get... 

46 minutes ago, Moonlamp said:

@faithcarol if the post baccs are competitive.. will they just drop the people with GPAs on the low side..? Because I really want to do my post bacc at a school near me.... 

I don’t really want to do an online Post Bacc or go anywhere else except for schools like CSUF CSULB Biola CBU which are near me... 

Do you know what standards they pick the post bacc people? :( 

I’m so desperate I need all the information I can get... 

I'm sorry, I don't know what criteria they use to select applicants. This is the kind of thing you'd have to ask the department directly. 

Good luck!

18 hours ago, Moonlamp said:

Some online post-baccs take longer, but not all. The one I did at Pacific University was only 2 semesters. I had zero extracurriculars, just a lot of completely unrelated work experience. Seriously, though, please do not stress so much about a post-bacc! Getting into one is much easier than getting into grad school.