When Did You Find Out if You Have a GA position?

At what point did you find out if you have a graduate assistantship position? I applied during the school application process which was due in December, but my school is waiting until the end of this month (July) to tell us if we got a position when they originally said they would let us know in May. This feels like a bit of scam, is it normal to not know at this point? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the pandemic, but I feel like the decision is being delayed for one reason or another. The school and department has not been very communicative... Or am I just overthinking this and I should just wait it out?IMG_2490.thumb.JPG.429ab4338fb018162e2a3741030a4f6a.JPG

Edited by AnonymousAnteater

Hi there. I'm in the same situation. My school said I'd be notified in early July, so far still nothing. I'm told that the school is still figuring out how Fall semester will run. I also don't know if they just leave me hanging or if there's something else behind. Just want to let you know you're not alone, whichever school you're waiting to hear from.

Are you both in Master programs or Ph.D. programs? I can say that most Ph.D. programs have given out offers with funding allocations to students already (either in the form of GA/RA/TA/Fellowship). If the program didn't have funding, they would have pulled/rescinded offers at this point, like some schools. But its very strange to have been admitted and not be told of your funding package information, especially now that we are in July. I say contact your department again... but sadly, they may be stringing you along or honestly fighting for funding if funding was cut unexpectedly. At this point, transparency is important so I would call for a meeting.