Fall 2021 Theater/Performance Studies PhD

DoctorMusical

@PSward13thank you!!! Best of luck with NYU and any other schools you may be considering! I may not know who you are but I know that every single person who interviewed with Northwestern seemed brilliant and like they have great futures ahead of them!

It's been an honor weathering this application season with you all! Congrats to those of you who are starting school this year, and sending best wishes and love to everyone regardless. 

Did anyone email the schools that rejected them, asking for feedback on their application? Would love to know what you asked in your email, and what kind of advice you got back. 

Hi All! Congrats to us all for getting through this process! I am headed to Simon Fraser U in Burnaby BC for my PhD in Art Education. I'll be working with a theatre professor while there and am ecstatic to be making this huge move. 

Curious to know if anyone ultimately received an offer from Stanford TAPS? It was the only American school I applied to and while I didn't receive an interview or an offer, I'm curious to know how many they took this year and if they accepted any internationals. 

Thanks all, I hope you are all keeping safe! 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone still checks this thread, but I just got a surprising, last-minute admittance. 

I was REJECTED from UCLA over a month ago. No waitlist, and I didn't even make it to the second round of interviews. But today, I opened my email this morning to an acceptance email from a department admin. Obviously I was shocked, and at first I suspected it was a phishing attempt lol. But nope, it's real and I'm waiting for funding info now. 

Anyway, just wanted to share this bizarre experience with you all... thanks everyone for your support these past several months, and best of luck to everyone applying in future cycles. 

@hyphenleigh I think Stanford TAPS admitted just four students this year, not sure about any int'l admits. But big congrats on Simon Fraser, that's a great program!! Wishing you the best :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here on the Gradcafe threads! I wanted to say congrats to everyone for getting through this admission cycle!

I ended up not applying to PhD PS programs as I did not feel ready, but I will be pursuing a MA PS degree at WashU! Thank you to everyone who contributes to the thread(s)! Wishing you all the best, and I am glad that I am able to connect with the fellow TAPS community!