Trudeau 2021

Adelaide9216

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely considering it! My research doesn't neatly fall within their four areas, but I think I can make it work. I'm wondering when applications will be available.

Have you applied previously? I'm just entering my first year of my PhD next week!

Yes, it would be my third time applying this year. But each time I have applied, I have made it more far in the process, and my application file is a lot more solid this time around, so I will be applying again. I'm a second year PhD student.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just submitted also! This is my first time applying, and I have no idea what to expect. During the info session, I heard that they had 700 people started applications, and they are only interviewing 100 people for the first interview, so figures crossed! I found the questions to be rather difficult, but I also found engaging in such a self-reflective process to be kind of fun. Either way, I am happy I applied. I hope to apply again next year if things do not turn out.

I am curious to know what other people thought about the application process. I heard that it is significantly different from previous years. 

I submitted yesterday! The questions gave me pageant vibes, but it was an interesting experience making explicit certain things that are habitual. I figured I would just be myself and hope for the best! I'm in my third year so this is the first and last time I'll apply, but I think it's always worth shooting your shot! 

I applied for the first time this year. Forgot to upload the scan of my oldest transcript, but oh well. I'm in my third year of a soc PhD, so this is also the last year I get to apply. Wishing all of us luck!

On 1/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, smallaxe said:

I submitted yesterday! The questions gave me pageant vibes, but it was an interesting experience making explicit certain things that are habitual. I figured I would just be myself and hope for the best! I'm in my third year so this is the first and last time I'll apply, but I think it's always worth shooting your shot! 

Totally agree with the pageant style questions! I am nervously awaiting news, knowing that we have a few more weeks of waiting. They actually have a really quick turnaround time compared to TriCouncil awards. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, futuresant said:

About 1200 attended the webinar - not sure about the number of applications. Will they contact only those who make it to the next round?

Wow. That's a lot. I have no idea. How many people will be selected for the next round?

On 2/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, Polisci_2016 said:

I hear around 100 for the first round and then around 30 for the second round of interviews. Then they select 16 winners.

So the odds aren't great, but I remain hopeful! Hopefully we will hear one way or the other by Wednesday!