MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

5 minutes ago, AidaLizard said:

The suspense is killing me. Anyone heard back from Yale, VCU or Alfred yet?

Yale Sculpture

VCU Sculpture 

Alfred Sculpture

UT Austin Sculpture - Interviewed on 1/24

Yale decisions won't be released until the end of this week or perhaps even next week as they stated that decisions will go out beginning of February. You'll be just fine! Best of luck!! 

Edited by NoraEllie

7 minutes ago, NoraEllie said:

Yale decisions won't be released until the end of this week or perhaps even next week as they stated that decisions will go out beginning of February. You'll be just fine! Best of luck!! 

No I think Yale's decisions will be going out this week since its mentioned on their website that they'll be sending first round rejections and interview calls in the first week of Feb

Just now, dramallama_07 said:

No I think Yale's decisions will be going out this week since its mentioned on their website that they'll be sending first round rejections and interview calls in the first week of Feb

Awesome! Thank you for that information. They call you for an interview or email you? This is my first time applying. 

39 minutes ago, Painfullywaiting said:

What is everyones opinion on the visual studies program at the Pacific Northwest College of Art? 

I don’t know too much about the school, but it’s close to home so I decided to apply. 

I don't know much about the program, but I've toured the school a couple of times and really liked the facilities. One of their buildings is in an old glass factory, and it's really beautiful.

1 hour ago, NoraEllie said:

Awesome! Thank you for that information. They call you for an interview or email you? This is my first time applying. 

they will update the portal and send an email. It seems like they interview 50-60 people so I assume the office won't call all those people.

2 hours ago, NoraEllie said:

I also heard that Yale loves diversity in their class and especially when it comes to artwork. My friend told me that many individuals with different ethnic backgrounds didn't apply last cycle?

I have no idea. But if your friend is in the class or is faculty then they would know

43 minutes ago, sunnydelightt said:

I was wondering if anyone wants to share their work. I’m curious to see other people’s art! 

Sure thing http://bensiekierski.com

I hope we hear back sooner or later my friends just gave a really convincing argument for moving to Austin TX!

Just had an interview with the New York Academy! To clarify, any applicant can sign up for one. It seemed to go quite well! Fingers crossed. 

I was asked which artists are important to me, both academy faculty and generally, and for basically my story; how I got to where I am and why.  I was also asked what my questions were, which I was prepared for thanks to this site lol.

5 hours ago, refereemandem said:

interview scheduled for RISD painting. got email few hours ago, heads up for those waiting on that.

Do you mind letting me know if there is an update in your application portal after you get the interview invitation. I somehow set the wrong email for RISD and i'm reaching out to the admission office to solve it and until then I cannot receive emails from RISD. Thx a lot.