OISE MA-CSE Fall 2021

m_badhan

• 1 month later...

I am!!! I just found out about this forum today so hopefully more people join. I'm just nervous about my application. Saw on their website that they aren't accepting any more applications which probably means that a lot of people applied. Do you know if they call in everyone who applied for an interview or if it's only selected candidates? 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, Tracy947 said:

I am!!! I just found out about this forum today so hopefully more people join. I'm just nervous about my application. Saw on their website that they aren't accepting any more applications which probably means that a lot of people applied. Do you know if they call in everyone who applied for an interview or if it's only selected candidates? 

Hi! I also applied to the MA-CSE program! :) From what I saw on here from previous years, they only interview selected candidates

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! I also applied to the MA-CSE program as my first choice, with MA Teaching as my second choice! I was looking at previous years on this forum, and it seems that they send out interview emails end of this week/beginning of next. Good luck everyone!

16 hours ago, thetruetea said:

I applied in the same order as well! I really do hope we hear something this week or next about our applications. Also, if you hear anything please share thanks ?

I check every single day! I’m hoping for news soon as well. Will for sure let you know ☺️ 

1 hour ago, e_ony said:

Has anyone heard anything? I'm getting SO impatient haha ?

No, i haven’t yet! The forums from last year say that people were contacted the 16-18th, so that’s why i said last week/this week! Hopefully we hear something soon!! ☺️

19 hours ago, Jebbles said:

At about 3pm I received an email for an interview on Wednesday. I'm still shocked and confused as to why me? 

Hoping it goes well. Goodluck!

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing what your application was like? GPA? experience?

Just now, Maryamalbaz said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing what your application was like? GPA? experience?

Thanks! I had a 4.0 GPA in my Bachelor of Child Development program, which I finished December 2020. I also have my Early Childhood Diploma and I'm an RECE. I've had placement in a Waldorf setting and worked as a supply for them as a RECE for a few months before the pandemic began. Either than that my only experience with children were my field placements throughout ECE/BCD, my volunteer experience at a reptile expo, and I was a camp counsellor one summer many years ago, so 9 experiences in total. In my applications I ensured I highlighted my personal philosophy, my knowledge of developmental/government documents, and my personality/history and how they all contribute to who I am as an educator. 

20 hours ago, liv1030 said:

Does the interview invitation email come to your personal email or your U of T email? Congrats to all who have been offered interviews!

For me it came to my UofT email! Hopefully, as mentioned, they'll be sending out more invites in batches. Fingers crossed for you! :) 

On 1/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, Jebbles said:

Thanks! I had a 4.0 GPA in my Bachelor of Child Development program, which I finished December 2020. I also have my Early Childhood Diploma and I'm an RECE. I've had placement in a Waldorf setting and worked as a supply for them as a RECE for a few months before the pandemic began. Either than that my only experience with children were my field placements throughout ECE/BCD, my volunteer experience at a reptile expo, and I was a camp counsellor one summer many years ago, so 9 experiences in total. In my applications I ensured I highlighted my personal philosophy, my knowledge of developmental/government documents, and my personality/history and how they all contribute to who I am as an educator. 

Wow. Very Strong application @Jebbles.  Thank you so much for sharing. I really appreciate it! :) Best of luck on your interview!