OISE MA-CSE Fall 2021

m_badhan

Just now, Ongoing Student said:

I the unofficial acceptance for MA-CSE (still waiting for the official) and also applied to the MT. With regards to other schools I applied to York, Trent and UOIT (which I'm on the waitlist). 

Oh! you have nothing to worry about then. I take the MA-CSE is your first choice ? Are you attending the welcome next week ?

5 hours ago, s2021a said:

Hi everyone. 

I got accepted to both the MACSE and MT program. I am not sure which one to pick? Does anyone have any advice, what is the difference between these 2 programs?  Is anyone in the same boat as me. i am so confused. 

I relate 100%! I really enjoyed the welcome reception and am now trying to find more info about MT so I can be thorough in my decision. It is super hard to choose!

6 hours ago, s2021a said:

Hi everyone. 

I got accepted to both the MACSE and MT program. I am not sure which one to pick? Does anyone have any advice, what is the difference between these 2 programs?  Is anyone in the same boat as me. i am so confused. 

Hi! I'm in the same position as you! To help decide between the two, I am going through the various courses that are offered in each program to see which ones I am more interested in.

The MT program has a stronger research component to it, since you have to do an extensive research project, so that is important to take into consideration!

The MA CSE program does have unique benefits to it, including access to the lab school and the program's focus on only primary/junior teaching. 

1 hour ago, norwaylane said:

I relate 100%! I really enjoyed the welcome reception and am now trying to find more info about MT so I can be thorough in my decision. It is super hard to choose!

HII :) just curious - in the welcoming reception did they mention anything about future acceptances ? I haven’t got an email about being on the wait list and my applications are still “ under review” but seeing as there has been a welcome reception I wonder how many more acceptances they will give out. 

12 hours ago, SJ12 said:

HII :) just curious - in the welcoming reception did they mention anything about future acceptances ? I haven’t got an email about being on the wait list and my applications are still “ under review” but seeing as there has been a welcome reception I wonder how many more acceptances they will give out. 

Hey, they didn't mention anything about future acceptances. However, I think you should reach out to the program liaison for an update re your application. 

I am curious how many people attended the first welcome reception. As my application is still being under review, I wonder if they are still reaching out to other students for future interviews or admission decisions. 

For those who already received the acceptance, Congratulations!!!!! 

8 hours ago, thetruetea said:

Hey, they didn't mention anything about future acceptances. However, I think you should reach out to the program liaison for an update re your application. 

Thanks ! good to know! I actually got an email today saying I am waitlisted for the MA CSE. I have tried to read about previous years and applicants getting off the waitlist but I haven't found much. This waiting game is the worstttttt haha 

On 2/17/2021 at 8:02 PM, Larak said:

Hi! I'm in the same position as you! To help decide between the two, I am going through the various courses that are offered in each program to see which ones I am more interested in.

The MT program has a stronger research component to it, since you have to do an extensive research project, so that is important to take into consideration!

The MA CSE program does have unique benefits to it, including access to the lab school and the program's focus on only primary/junior teaching. 

I think I saw on the website somewhere that the MA CSE also has a research project in year two as well (I think there was a course for it listed). 

Does anyone know about this? I don’t remember hearing anything about it at any of the open houses. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, SJ12 said:

Heyy guys ! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for new students / for the upcoming school year ? I got off the waitlist and I just accepted my offer :) 

Congrats on getting off the waitlist!! :) I haven't come across a Facebook group, but I would definitely be interested in joining if you find one!