Fall 2021 PhD in Social Work!

ArchieJones

On 1/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, KryzFerr said:

Oh interesting you're also looking into psych programs! Awesome- do you have an MSW? 

Mainly Social Work but I did apply to two psych programs :)

I do have and MSW and my LCSW license. Hbu? Do you have an MSW?

2 hours ago, ArchieJones said:

I received an interview invite from BC yesterday - so if you haven't already, you should hear something soon!

OMG @ArchieJones CONGRATULATIONS!!! You got this. I have not heard anything from BC yet but either way cannot wait to hear back, thanks for letting us know. 

2 hours ago, ArchieJones said:

I received an interview invite from BC yesterday - so if you haven't already, you should hear something soon!

I saw another person got a BC interview. Did you reach out at all to the Professor before your application etc? 

22 minutes ago, AReelExpert said:

Mainly Social Work but I did apply to two psych programs :)

I do have and MSW and my LCSW license. Hbu? Do you have an MSW?

OK awesome! I know so little Social workers getting PhDs that this is nice to read. I do have an MSW but not clinically licensed- i went more into administration/program management. I thought i would want to be clinically focused when i started my MSW and QUICKLY jumped ship- lol. 

50 minutes ago, KryzFerr said:

OK awesome! I know so little Social workers getting PhDs that this is nice to read. I do have an MSW but not clinically licensed- i went more into administration/program management. I thought i would want to be clinically focused when i started my MSW and QUICKLY jumped ship- lol. 

YES!!!! Lets go MSWs!!! Also hahaha I hear ya, burnout is real...That is so cool, I did program management for half a year and missed my micro work XD 

ALSO FYI everyone I got an interview with BC just now from a professor :)

1 hour ago, AReelExpert said:

I saw another person got a BC interview. Did you reach out at all to the Professor before your application etc? 

I did not - I didn't realize that that was a thing until it was kind of too late. However, I have a very strong research match with my professor so I'm hoping that will help me recover. 

41 minutes ago, ArchieJones said:

I did not - I didn't realize that that was a thing until it was kind of too late. However, I have a very strong research match with my professor so I'm hoping that will help me recover. 

Ok, the reason I ask is because I did not know it was a thing either!!!!!!! ?

20 hours ago, AReelExpert said:

YES!!!! Lets go MSWs!!! Also hahaha I hear ya, burnout is real...That is so cool, I did program management for half a year and missed my micro work XD 

ALSO FYI everyone I got an interview with BC just now from a professor :)

Congratulations!! I also got an interview invite with BC from POI yesterday! Would you mind sharing a little bit about your research interests?

On 1/22/2021 at 9:44 AM, Peiyuan said:

Congratulations!! I also got an interview invite with BC from POI yesterday! Would you mind sharing a little bit about your research interests?

GOOD LUCK! Wishing everyone the very best. 

My research interests revolve around 3 main interrelated topics: aging, mental health, and access to care (mainly cultural/minority population barriers).

What are yours?

@ALL 

Does anyone have feedback on a full day interview event/recruitment event prior to gaining admission?

After interviewing twice: once with POI and second one with admissions they extended a final day long interview and I have no idea what that looks like and was wondering how I can be most successful in this? Any feedback is appreciated. Supposedly is to meet other faculty and current students before admission decisions are reached. 

1 minute ago, AReelExpert said:

GOOD LUCK! Wishing everyone the very best. 

My research interests revolve around 3 main interrelated topics: aging, mental health, and access to care (mainly cultural/minority population barriers).

What are yours?

Thanks for wishes and sharing your research interests!! Wishing everyone the very best! My research interests include caregiving, quality of life and palliative care. 

And I just got the second invite from another POI with BC. I am not sure how many professors we are supposed to talk. Does anyone also get multiple invites from BC's professors? 

21 hours ago, Peiyuan said:

Thanks for wishes and sharing your research interests!! Wishing everyone the very best! My research interests include caregiving, quality of life and palliative care. 

And I just got the second invite from another POI with BC. I am not sure how many professors we are supposed to talk. Does anyone also get multiple invites from BC's professors? 

I got a second invite too - I think all the professors that are interested in you are getting an interview

On 1/25/2021 at 10:55 AM, Peiyuan said:

I also received an email from two faculty members I mentioned in my personal statement.

14 minutes ago, jaayneigh said:

Has anyone heard anything from UT-Austin? Hope this process is going well (and hasn't been too anxiety producing) for y'all so far!

Have not heard anything yet from UT.

Also, I'm losing my mind over here waiting! lol

2 minutes ago, latteart2020 said:

I have also not heard anything from UT.

Has anyone heard from BostonU? They had emailed that decisions would be sent 4 to 6 weeks from the deadline - 6 weeks was yesterday ?

I have not heard anything either from Boston U...?