How big are my chances to get into Columbia TC and NYU?

JMai

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, I am a little worried about my application to both Columbia and NYU. Let me introduce my background, I graduated from Penn State this May, and planning to apply for Fall 2021. I majored in Psychology and minor in Labor Employment Relation. My GPA is 3.6 and I got V158 and Q157 on the GRE. I attend the Columbia Info session and they said they rarely give admission to students who don't have 1 full year of full-time work experience (which I don't have, I only have summer interns and part-time jobs). Therefore, I just want to ask those who got in or know this program, are my chances big? Also about NYU, is my GPA and GRE good enough? Or should I retake my GRE?

Thank you for anyone who is willing to help:D

I would listen to what the program themselves said - if you don't have the bare minimum qualifications that they expect, I doubt you will be competitive.

To know if your GPA is competitive, you need to look at the Student Outcomes and Admissions Data to compare your scores to averages for past years. 

On 11/18/2020 at 10:03 AM, PokePsych said:

Which programs are you looking at? The Master's or PhDs?

TC really has very poor funding for the PhD level.

Your GPA and GRE are fineeeeee

Hi, I am looking at master's level for now, and thank you I feel better about my grades now!

On 11/24/2020 at 2:49 PM, Peacehappiness22 said:

Hi I'm also applying to Teachers College, Columbia for a masters in Psychology. Specifically for the Ed.M in Psychological Counseling. Which specific psychology track were they talking about for the one year work preference? 

The Organizational-Psychology program

I'm going to TC right now for my masters in clinical psych! I can't speak for the organizational psych program, but I can definitely say that your GPA and GRE scores are great! If you have any questions about TC and the psych program in general, feel free to send me a message

On 12/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, pomegranateleaves said:

I'm going to TC right now for my masters in clinical psych! I can't speak for the organizational psych program, but I can definitely say that your GPA and GRE scores are great! If you have any questions about TC and the psych program in general, feel free to send me a message

Thank you so much for the help!