Stanford GSE 2021

HTG7728

1 hour ago, Toyo said:

Guys! Help me out! 

I am preparing a list of university with good school of education programs. Could you suggest some names, please.

Depends on what you're looking for? You can look through the results page of Grade Cafe under Education as well. I also applied to NYU and Colorado University-Boulder. Columbia - Teachers College has a great reputation too.

20 minutes ago, flowerpower07 said:

Depends on what you're looking for? You can look through the results page of Grade Cafe under Education as well. I also applied to NYU and Colorado University-Boulder. Columbia - Teachers College has a great reputation too.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Toyo said:

Guys! Help me out! 

I am preparing a list of university with good school of education programs. Could you suggest some names, please.

To add to what others have said...I think UPenn also has a great ed program.

Hi,

This was a bit of a blow and knock in confidence, but telling myself it's ok because it was important to try anyway. I wish you all an amazing future and journey. I hope that it will work out brilliantly and maybe even more so as a result of a rejection.   

Will most likely not check gradcafe after this but just to say appreciate you all, take care ❤️ 

I'm going to echo @gvjcb1000000 in thanking everyone. I feel so lucky to have found you all when I did. You guys made this experience so much more bearable. During some of the toughest moments, I felt like you guys were the only people who could understand what I was going through. I even got some really good laughs in -- we're a funny bunch! 

Maybe we'll cross paths one day in-person...and won't even know it :)

Best of luck to all those who are waiting on results from other schools and to all the MA applicants!!

Even when my journey this year has ended, I still keep coming back to this forum. I think I will keep doing that for the rest of the year. I have decided to apply again in 2022. I don’t know what I will be doing till then. Pop in and say hi here whenever you have the time. It was lovely meeting all of you. The support you provided helped me get over the sorrow. ?

On 2/8/2021 at 10:58 PM, Jeanne A. said:

Hi guys...i saw somebody wrote that cool message on the results page, like "join us, we are all there".. that was sooooooo...kind of warm!

And it so much felt like we are all here not virtually but the real people sitting in one small waiting room, drinking coffee with cookies, waiting together, sharing emotions and chatting..

I told this earlier but again..I can feel how cool it would be to get admitted and to meet all of you guys in reality.. you are the people I really need in my life: professionals in education, who have similar goals, similar aspirations and similar vibes...

Good luck to all of us...???

(applied to SHIPS edu policy)

Good luck to everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

Hi guys, does anyone know when results for Masters will come out? Thanks!

On the GSE website, it says early March. 

Looking from the results page, it is usually between the last day of February and the first several days of March. The latest I’ve seen so far is March 3rd. 

Edited by MillyMia

2 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

Hi guys, does anyone know when results for Masters will come out? Thanks!

Here's a breakdown of the past 6 years of admissions notifications:

• ICE/IEPA:
    • 2020: Feb 28 - Feb 29
    • 2019: Mar 1 - Apr 17 
    • 2018: Mar 3 
    • 2017: Mar 2
    • 2016: Mar 3
    • 2015: Mar 3 - Mar 4
  • POLS:
    • 2019: Feb 28 - Mar 2
    • 2018: Feb 28 - Mar 2
    • 2016: Mar 2 - Mar 3
    • 2015: Feb 28 - Mar 6
  • LDT:
    • 2020: Feb 29
    • 2019: Mar 1 - Mar 2
    • 2018: Mar 2 - Mar 3
    • 2015: Mar 4 - Mar 6
  • STEP:
    • 2020: Feb 19 - Feb 24
    • 2019: Feb 13 - Mar 1
    • 2018: Feb 20 - Feb 28
    • 2017: Feb 14 
    • 2016: Feb 14 - Feb 19 
    • 2015: Feb 24

Things to keep in mind:

1. Not everyone uploads their data to Grad Cafe, so this isn't a full representation of possibilities
  2. Spacing in the dates could be due to timezone differences (ex: Feb 29/Mar 1 could be Feb 28 in another timezone)
  3. Dates may reflect when a person opened the portal and noticed they got in, not the date they received an email or the time the admissions committee actually sent the notification (yay spam filters!)
  4. Dates could be when results were uploaded to Grad Cafe and not the dates the person found out (ie not filling out the Grad Cafe form correctly)
  5. Looks like waitlisted people start hearing back ~Apr 17
  6. STEP finds out before the other masters programs

In summary: Assuming this year follows the same patterns, it's very likely non-STEP candidates will hear back starting Feb 28 and everyone will know by the end of the first week in March.

It's fair to be cautiously optimistic EDS will follow the same timeline, but it's new and there's no data. 

FIVE MORE DAYS!! 

15 hours ago, McPerson said:

• ICE/IEPA:
  • POLS:
  • LDT:
  • STEP:

Things to keep in mind:

1. Not everyone uploads their data to Grad Cafe, so this isn't a full representation of possibilities
  2. Spacing in the dates could be due to timezone differences (ex: Feb 29/Mar 1 could be Feb 28 in another timezone)
  3. Dates may reflect when a person opened the portal and noticed they got in, not the date they received an email or the time the admissions committee actually sent the notification (yay spam filters!)
  4. Dates could be when results were uploaded to Grad Cafe and not the dates the person found out (ie not filling out the Grad Cafe form correctly)

In summary: Assuming this year follows the same patterns, it's very likely non-STEP candidates will hear back starting Feb 28 and everyone will know by the end of the first week in March.

It's fair to be cautiously optimistic EDS will follow the same timeline, but it's new and there's no data. 

FIVE MORE DAYS!! 

Thank you so much!

20 hours ago, EDSMasters said:

Read all the posts here. Thank you all. I've applied to MS in EDS. Just wanted to know if anyone has been interviewed for the same.

EDS applicant here as well??! I haven't been contacted for interviews yet but I assumed it was an optional part of the applications process... So I'm just waiting patiently for the results to come out ? I guess we have less than a week or so! 

A couple of days ago, I did receive an email from the admissions office (which was in response to the email I sent them more than a month ago regarding issues I had with TOEFL submission and IT system glitches), and they told me that MS EDS applications were forwarded for review in mid-Jan and that review is still underway. I was told that I would be notified of the results via email around early March. Hope this piece of info helps ?

Edited by innethepi

On 2/24/2021 at 8:16 AM, McPerson said:

• ICE/IEPA:
  • POLS:
  • LDT:
  • STEP:

Things to keep in mind:

FIVE MORE DAYS!! 

Thanks so much for posting this, it's super informative!

From the looks of it, a couple of STEP applicants have received (unofficial) letters of acceptance in the last two days.

Starting to get kinda nervous now, haha. Best of luck to everyone in this forum and let's hope for all the best! 

1 minute ago, MF2021 said:

Just got an email  from Stanford GSE telling me to prepare myself financially for a Stanford GSE Master's program while I wait for a decision, aka, brace yourself, this isn't cheap XD

I’ve just received it, too!

11 hours ago, MillyMia said:

I’ve just received it, too!

Me too. I'm pretty sure they send it to everyone but this gives me hope....

I also applied to HGSE and they sent one out a few days after the application due date, so that one I'm 99.9999% sure was to everyone. 

I'm going legit insane people. I made myself an index card that says "breathe" in huge letters and taped it to the wall behind my desk. 

Inhale...1...2...3....4.....Exhale...1...2..3..4....

I hear you. Biting my nails over here! Since we haven't gotten a "no", I'm enjoying the fact that a "yes" is still a possibility. I wasn't even going to apply this year so I had very little expectations.  But hey, I'm glad I'm not alone in this waiting period!